LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware m15x HDMI Video Output Problem

Joao.Gri

Well (this is my first Forum post ever, so bare with me),

How should I begin?

My m15x (june 2009) was bought with a GeForce Quadro FX 3600M with 512Mb. Apparently this one is custom made and Alienware/Dell just don't feel like updating their proprietary drivers. And the current driver for Windows 7 is the 186.03, that sucks. And it does sucks even more cause I just can't output video through my HDMI. So, I was wondering if you could help me.

This, I think, is quite a challenge.

I must add that my laptop came back from support tech "all new", and that it came with Vista, and when it arrived I've (clean)installed Windows 7 Ultimate (bought it with the computer.

Thank you all very much.

Joao.Gri

Well, I can't promise that your HDMI port will work after updating your drivers, but you can update your drivers. Just download the latest driver we have available (261.00, here) and its modded INF. Extract the driver and place the INF in the Display.Driver subfolder. Then, the installation should run without a hitch.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can't promise that your HDMI port will work after updating your drivers, but you can update your drivers. Just download the latest driver we have available (261.00, here) and its modded INF. Extract the driver and place the INF in the Display.Driver subfolder. Then, the installation should run without a hitch.

Thank you for the advice man.

The thing is everytime I try to install a newer driver version I get a BlueScreen.

I don't really think I've tried the 261 but I'm going to (downloading it right now). I have tried all versions that supposedly support my 3600M card in this site up to the 196, I think.

As soon as I install it I'll give you the news.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for the advice man.

The thing is everytime I try to install a newer driver version I get a BlueScreen.

I don't really think I've tried the 261 but I'm going to (downloading it right now). I have tried all versions that supposedly support my 3600M card in this site up to the 196, I think.

As soon as I install it I'll give you the news.

Thank you for your help.

Well,

I've tried. And it didn't work.

I did not get the BSOD this time. But the hardware was deactivated by Windows. Windows claims that the Quadro did not function correctly.

Any other idea?

Thank you very much for the help, anyways.