LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DXVA enable question...

SStratman3

Okay so I've owned a Dell Inspiron 9300 since new and was on Windows XP Pro up until a few days ago where I decided to try out Windows 7 32bit...so upon installing I was amazed at how much of a breeze it was I think the only driver it didn't have something for right off the bat was the sigmatel audio drivers and video card...Anyways I tried out a NBF Mobileforce 190.38 (my video card is a vanilla go 6800) now my system is running great my only problem is that it seems as tho I've lost DXVA playback when it comes to h264 but it still works on VC-1 and MPEG-2...now I SWORE it used to play h264 encoded 720p videos no problem with having DXVA but no it won't and I even checked it with DXVA Checked and sure enough nothing in there about h264 DXVA decoding...anyone know a Windows 7 32bit driver that will work with my card and restore its ability to decode h264 video with DXVA???

(I even looked up my go6800 cards capabilities and sure enough it IS supposed to playback H264 stuff HD or SD with DXVA...or if anyone with a similarly "aged" nvidia mobile gpu and on Windows 7 wanna run DXVA checker with whatever version drivers you have from here and if you have h264 DXVA decode let me know which driver version you are on)

Have you try'd the PureVideo Encoder from nVidia?