LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898 GTX 460M

Guest Brian

I have recently purchases a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898 with a GTX 460M. When I was looking for drivers that would work with this particular card, I was unable to find anything that referenced any of the values that I found under Hardware IDs which are as follows:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_FF501179&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_FF501179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&CC_0300

Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed? I do not want to end up w/ a toasted laptop, my last system was a Toshiba X250-Sli4 and the video cards "burned up" for the second time, and it was out of warranty... I do not want a repeat of that (likely caused by defective chips, there is a Class Action Suit against Nvidia now, however, Toshiba owners do not qualify, and Toshiba plays ignorant...).

Thanks in advance for any guidance/advice, it is greatly appreciated.

If your card is not an Optimus card, then you can use any recent driver with the modded INF. If it is an Optimus card, you should go check Nautis's area of the forum; he is the Optimus guru.

If your card is not an Optimus card, then you can use any recent driver with the modded INF. If it is an Optimus card, you should go check Nautis's area of the forum; he is the Optimus guru.

Now I feel really obtuse... How would I know if it is an Optimus card?