LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7950 GTX - XPS M1710

SilverShadow

Hi, am sorry to make my very first post that way :) but I really need help.

I've been using an old driver back to 05-2009 !! and it was fine with me until I installed NFS-Hot Pursuit "Graphic is a pretty poor" !! So I've installed "257.15_win7x32" and now its all OKie, Even I've noticed a pretty changes in other games like "COD-Black OPs" but Unfortunately am getting some flicking from time to time when I minimize, Maximize or close a window.

So anybody please could gimme a hand about it or shall I get back to the 2009 Driver :)(

Thanks in advance.

Dell XPS M1710

7950GTX

7 Ultimate X32

Hi!

Are you overclocking?

The flickering I find is a common problem, it is the GPU changing core and memory clocks from 2d to 3d. As there is such a big jump, the screen seems to flicker. I find exactly the same problem occurs with the 7900GTX, using driver 185.85.

The only thing to do is either force the clocks to 3d performance all the time, or just cope with the problem. I personally just cope with it flickering.

I know this isn't much help, but the flickering seems to happen on most drivers I have tried.

Matt

Yea:)

Its hard for me to cope with such a thing :P "am minimizing, maximizing windows more than gaming :)" anyway, I installed Forceware 195.62 "DOX" and everything is fine now.

Thanks for your reply and its really appreciated :)

Yea, I found exactly the same problem. I haven't had it for ages though, and I think it is because I lowered my memory clock 30 mhz.

Cheers

Matt