LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell D630 with NVidia Quadro NVS 135m

Agentbolt

I swear I've searched the stickied posts and the walkthroughs, but I don't know if some of them are outdated or something because a lot of the steps don't seem to apply. I have what is probably a question that's been asked 20 times. I have a Dell D630 laptop that has a discrete NVidia Quadro GPU, in this case a 135m. I'd like to install some form of driver that will allow it to perform more akin to an 8400M GS, the video card it's modeled after.

NVidia's driver system is unified or whatever, so it's not like I'm ever asked to pick which card I'm installing drivers for. I simply follow the install directions and end up with video drivers installed. I attempted the steps in the modded INF section but it did not change my 3dMark06 score at all. I'm currently scoring a 1202 which seems low-ish. Other specs for my machine are:

T7100 CPU

1 GB RAM

WinXP 32bit

80GB hard drive

Since it's basically impossible to find Quadro 135m 3DMark06 scores online, let's ignore the actual number I'm getting and let me just ask this. Other than installing the latest NVidia Driver and creating a modded INF from your lovely site here, is there anything I can do to increase the performance of my GPU in this notebook? Thanks in advance!

Guest CONSCRIPT

Benchmarks arent that hard to find

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell/137438-d630-nvs-135m-benchmark-1-a.html (u probably have to register on the site to see the pictures but hes scoring 882 with pretty much the same system except he has a better cpu)

and

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-NVS-135M.17073.0.html

its not a lot, but for you, your score is higher than what they have. Don't except any drivers to bump u up much. sorry i cant recommend u a driver, but the ones you're using arent "bad".

also if u use the 2nd link, your score is close to the 3Dmark06 score of the 8400m gs so im not sure what you were expecting.