LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 8500M GS HDMI Audio Output Doesn't Work

Guest Pharmaki

Guest Pharmaki

As said in the topic, my HDMI Audio output doesn't want to work on the LCD TV Since I recently installed windows 7 and the newest Nvidia drivers. Thing is, I had windows 7 before and the sound worked (Though I'm not sure which drivers I had installed since I didn't update them regulary.)

So can anybody help me with this issue? I have a Acer Aspire 8920g, and everything else works as it should. Once I connect the Laptop to the TV the video works, but no sound despite setting the HDMI output as the default. The audio drivers I have installed are the latest from Realtek.

Thank you for your help!

Pharmaki

• 3 weeks later...

As said in the topic, my HDMI Audio output doesn't want to work on the LCD TV Since I recently installed windows 7 and the newest Nvidia drivers. Thing is, I had windows 7 before and the sound worked (Though I'm not sure which drivers I had installed since I didn't update them regulary.)

So can anybody help me with this issue? I have a Acer Aspire 8920g, and everything else works as it should. Once I connect the Laptop to the TV the video works, but no sound despite setting the HDMI output as the default. The audio drivers I have installed are the latest from Realtek.

Thank you for your help!

Pharmaki

Hi mate,

Ive never used windows 7 before but i have an idea that might work for you. Did you update the driver and the sound stopped working or did the sound not work from the start after installing windows 7? if it updated and stopped working you should try Roll back your driver through device manager. Also have checked that have the volume is up on the HDMI (default device) & LCD? You can also downgrade your nvidia drivers & see if that works. I dont have any links but google should be your friend on this one. Also check the drivers section on this website. Very useful