LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Vostro 3300

MarsTeam

Hello. First of all, i've been sturggling with this problem for 3 days in a row, as it is very important for me to have new drivers because I need to work with OpenGl 3.3 but my notebook currently supports only 3.0. I have DELL VOSTRO 3300, with Switchable Nvidia 310M.

I have tried milion of things, but none works. Only drivers which work are from DELL site, but they are outdated. I tried installing these

drivers, they at least installed, but my notebook is still 'switched' to Intel ones. I tried latest Verde off NVIDIA site, they can't even install, they say the 'not found compactible hardware error'.

What can I do ? Which drivers would support switchable gfx and actually switch to it ?

My device key is:

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_044C1028&REV_A2 - this I get after installing switchable from DELL.

Thanks for help.

By the way, I've written to DELL twice, but didn't get any answer.

Edited by MarsTeam

• 2 months later...

Hello. First of all, i've been sturggling with this problem for 3 days in a row, as it is very important for me to have new drivers because I need to work with OpenGl 3.3 but my notebook currently supports only 3.0. I have DELL VOSTRO 3300, with Switchable Nvidia 310M.

I have tried milion of things, but none works. Only drivers which work are from DELL site, but they are outdated. I tried installing these

drivers, they at least installed, but my notebook is still 'switched' to Intel ones. I tried latest Verde off NVIDIA site, they can't even install, they say the 'not found compactible hardware error'.

What can I do ? Which drivers would support switchable gfx and actually switch to it ?

My device key is:

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_044C1028&REV_A2 - this I get after installing switchable from DELL.

Thanks for help.

By the way, I've written to DELL twice, but didn't get any answer.

I have been trying to find a solution for this same issue, but using a Vostro 3500 with the same GPU.

I have come to the self-conclusion that the switching is done by the drivers accessing the system BIOS and unless someone is able to rebuild

an nVidia driver package to include Dells instruction sets for Optimus, we won't ever be able to update our drivers until Dell release them.

My issue is accessing CUDA based applications that require at least nVidia driver version 197.13+ but the Dell drivers are still using version

189.99 yet nVidia have already released 270.61. We are really behind now.

On a side note, for graphic performance, the latest Intel Graphics driver now makes the inbuilt GPU perform better than the 310M.

A driver update for our nVidia card is long overdue if Intel now have better driver support for GPU's than Dell's customer care ...

Edited by Tribble