LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Desperate for help with my Asus Notebook

dkbaumbach

Hey everyone-

New guy here, first post!

I bought a Asus N53JF-XE1 in December and loved it. It came with a NVIDIA Geforce 425m. I eventually got around to testing a few games on it (5 year old titles) and found that they didn't run very well. I could only run them at moderate spec at best. One of my friends recommended that I update my GPU driver, which sounded like a decent and reasonable plan at the time. So I went to NVIDIA's site and selected the newest driver for my card. When I tried to install the new driver, it said that there was no supported hardware detected for this driver (not exact words). From what I can understand from this site, it might be an INF issue. I tried downloading the same driver I got from NVIDIA from laptopvideo2go.com, but the INF file that was supposed to come with it has a dead link or something to that effect.

Right now in my device manager, under display adapter there is something called "Intel HD Graphics". Not sure if this is an integrated GPU that is running the show. For the record, I formatted the hard disk when I got the laptop, so the recovery drive Asus set up is toast.

Here is the exact laptop I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/N53JF-XE1-15-6-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Aluminum/dp/B00492C6TI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297961429&sr=8-1

As mentioned before I am desperate for help on this. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have some understanding of computers, but limited experience with graphics cards and drivers.