LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cursor hardware lag from driver issue?

tyrant1984

I have GeForce Go 6150 in my laptop.

With the stock driver, I was only hitting 10-30 FPS in WoW with all settings on low. I upgraded to the current latest driver (267.05 w/ mod'd .INF), picked all the performance settings, and now I run 20-110 FPS, which was quite a substantial boost.

The only problem is now I notice a small lag occasionally with my mouse cursor, even when just browsing the internets. It will freeze randomly when I move it for about 1.5 seconds. It's not really that noticeable and only happens every 10 minutes or so, except for that sometimes it happens a couple times in a row and is really annoying when dragging a window or something.

I only noticed this after installing the driver. Could it be my hyper-paranoid schizophrenia acting up, or is this a problem because the card is so old and the driver so new? I was trying to look up benchmarks of different drivers for my card, but they're all like 6 years old (). Anyone know??

Edited by tyrant1984

Also, I like I can play this game it like works alright when I first get in game and then like after it loads a few areas the gpu fan (i think) starts to go nuts and fps goes to crap.

help??

The 6150 is really old and terrible and defective. Trust me. I have one. I am using a 150xx driver because my laptop model (I don't know if yours does) but mine has a 10 second black screen delay when I log on/off, UAC and when starting a game. I've pretty much given up on games on this laptop because nothing seems to run well. Not to mention the insane amount of laptop failures.

Does the issue with the mouse occur without the performance options chosen in NVTWEAK (I assume)

Edited by BP13