LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Crysis

Radamanthys

Hello, this would be my first post here and I am quite clueless about this so I will try to follow the guidelines as best as I can and please bear with me:

Asus Laptop G72GX-RBBX05

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Current working Driver Version - 270.28, 2011-02-14 (Downloaded from this site)

Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I am trying to run Crysis 1 on this laptop, and while I am able to get decent results (graphically) I am still getting subpar performance, which I think is due to my drivers, so I downloaded and installed the version 270.28 driver from this site (I didn't used a modified INF as far as I know, I just clicked on "download the requested driver"). However, it didn't really improve the performance, actually I'm pretty sure its a bit worse than when I was using my previous driver. I've looked around the forums and saw a topic on my very same graphics card (gtx 260m) which showed me the different benchmarks achieved with the different drivers, and forgive my ignorance but I had no idea what it all meant. So I was wondering if someone could please tell me which driver would be my best bet to get a good performance for this game. And if I need a modded INF file, please let me know how I go about doing that, I'm not really sure how it works. If anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a high end rig and played crysis and warhead one after the other over the past 4 days and noticed that even on low quality shadows it still lags so when i switched them off it vastly improved performance.

I would recommend driver 263.09, it seems to run the best on mine, and other people with older cards like mine & yours (cards using the previous architecture to the current 4xx and 5xx cards) seem to recommend 263.09 too.

You'll need to use the modified INF to install that driver though. If you don't know how to do it there are guides already on this site describing how to do it.

Indeed. 270.28 seems to be almost the lousiest driver for 2xx cards.