LaptopVideo2Go Forums

First Time PC Gaming/Overclockecking GeForce G0 7300

overclocked

Hi guys, know you hate to here this but total noob here. I've read everything pinned, FAQ, Forceware guide etc and tried lots of drivers without much luck by all means redirect if I'm asking in the. wrong place.

I have an old laptop and lots of old/oldish games but also love forcing the best i can get out of watching HD movies (CORE AVC+FFDshow) via VGA on an 1080x1050 max res external monitor. I ave no idea what my laptop is capable of to the max. I'd like to play Doom 3 Half-Life 2 and any Call of Duty, or ANY game at the max settings. But most important to me of all is quality video over games and I've ad nothing but choppiness and dropped frames since i installed one driver

I know there's no best driver etc. but i don't have a clue where to start with overclocking and whether to go with forceware or a normal driver. I also don't get the GeForce 7xxx cards - 80 and up. work better comment.

Any advice from people with similar systems or problems would be very much appreciated.

Please don't tell me to just google it! i've been doing it for hours :)

and if this makes you feel any better :)

Specs.txt

Video Specs.txt

Edited by overclocked

go here, http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1199078 that link should help you out.

Hi, thanks. So before going about everything i said i should see if i can update the old BIOS? Thanks I'll start researching that with your link. :) :)

(If it's of any use to anyone I've attached some specs of my lap to the post. nerd wasn't compatible with win7 so i used a program called Sandra)

Edited by overclocked