LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3dvision and optimus

japdos

Hello,

I just bought a lenovo b560

My surprise is that after install 3dvision drivers, a message appears saying the main card of the laptop is not supporting 3dvision.

This is because of nvidia optimus tecnology, that makes the intel integrated vga is the active card while I am in desktop. And the dedicated 310m gpu begin to work only when a game or app request it.

I thinks it is a featured disabled by software.

Could be posibble to make a modded inf to force the drivers see as standard (not optimus) graphic card or some trick similar to let 3dvision appears on nvidia control panel?

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just bought a lenovo b560

My surprise is that after install 3dvision drivers, a message appears saying the main card of the laptop is not supporting 3dvision.

This is because of nvidia optimus tecnology, that makes the intel integrated vga is the active card while I am in desktop. And the dedicated 310m gpu begin to work only when a game or app request it.

I thinks it is a featured disabled by software.

Could be posibble to make a modded inf to force the drivers see as standard (not optimus) graphic card or some trick similar to let 3dvision appears on nvidia control panel?

thanks in advance.

Take a look here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=153780

THis is what the moderator there had to say:

Let me explain this issue. Our notebook OEMs requested that we do not enable Discover on notebooks. That was not our choice. This was because 3D was so new to them.

That being said, we are going to explore turning it back on since now they are more interested in 3D.