LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver installation error

vbn

Hi,

my System: Dell Vostro 1500, GeForce 8600m GT, Windows 7

I used driver version 260.xx for quite some time. While playing a game, the screen suddenly froze, so I pressed the power button for 5 seconds to reboot. Windows started as usual, but when starting a game, it froze again. This time the notebook rebooted after the windows loading screen and Windows startup repair appeared. It found one error 0x490, but wasn't able to repair it and Windows wouldn't start

I used Safe Mode and Driver Sweeper 2.1 to deinstall Nvidia Display Drivers. Now Windows started normally and installed standard vga drivers. I installed 267.xx drivers and after rebooting I got this BlackScreen again.

Cleaning the cooling fans (got a Titan cooling pad), multiple StartupRepairs (both automatic and manually), updating the BIOS + Intel Chipset drivers and reinstalling Windows 7 (with Windows.old folder) didn't change the situation.

Long story short:

- standard vga drivers are working.

- every other drivers (tried shipped Dell driver, new Dell driver from support page, 260.xx and 267.xx) are not working

Update: I did a clean install of Media Direct and Windows Vista, but I get the same error.

What do you guys think about a graphic bios flash?

Any suggestions?

Chris

Edited by vbn