LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Optimus driver for Asus N71Jv NV M325M

Ramo16

Hello everybody.

Could you please tell me where can i get new optimus drivers fom my laptop?

ASUS is not updating them. They have almost a year old drivers on their page.

So, is there any other way of getting them?

Which combination of intel and nvidia drivers to use?

I've been reading through this forum, but I'm total n00b, and I don't understand this about modding drivers, adding inf and stuff.

So if there is anyone who can help, please do so. Thank you.

EDIT:

Anyone? Come on people, you know how frustrating it is when you can't play your games :-)

Edited by Ramo16

EDIT:

Anyone? Come on people, you know how frustrating it is when you can't play your games :-)

Have you tried installing the latest drivers from the nVidia web site? Since your laptop already has Optimus these should work right off the bat. Go to the driver download page, enter your details - geForce, GT325M, operating system, and search. Come back here if the installer says that no compatible hardware can be found, and someone will guide you through the steps needed to mod the inf.

Btw, which games won't work without the latest drivers? Could it be that you're facing a 64 bit issue - games not running on 64 bit version of Windows 7? That's a whole new can of worms!

Have you tried installing the latest drivers from the nVidia web site? Since your laptop already has Optimus these should work right off the bat. Go to the driver download page, enter your details - geForce, GT325M, operating system, and search. Come back here if the installer says that no compatible hardware can be found, and someone will guide you through the steps needed to mod the inf.

Btw, which games won't work without the latest drivers? Could it be that you're facing a 64 bit issue - games not running on 64 bit version of Windows 7? That's a whole new can of worms!

I didn't try to download new drivers, because when i open nvidia page, for all of the drivers says: Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.

And when i open optimus drivers, also on nvidia page, there are only some drivers from last year.

And the game i'm having problems with is Dragon age 2. And i'm 99% sure it's drivers problem, since a lot of people with nvidia GPU have it.

So, you're saying i should just download regular drivers from nvidia, and not optimus?

EDIT: Which is the latest Intel driver for optimus? I tried latest drivers from their page, but it's not for optimus (my laptop didn't see nvidia after that at all, had to do system restore). Thanks

Edited by Ramo16

It seems you are not clear about optimus and hybrid graphics. Both have two display adapters, but while hybrid graphics uses a three position switch, optimus automatically detects whether the application you are running needs high performance graphics, and enables the nvidia adapter accordingly.

Your laptop has optimus. The warning about hybrid graphics does not apply to you. AFAIK the latest nvidia drivers ALL have optimus capability in-built. Just download the latest nvidia driver and see if your GT 325M is on the list of supported devices. It should simply install as it is. If it says it couldn't find compatible hardware, then you have to mod the inf.

It seems you are not clear about optimus and hybrid graphics. Both have two display adapters, but while hybrid graphics uses a three position switch, optimus automatically detects whether the application you are running needs high performance graphics, and enables the nvidia adapter accordingly.

Your laptop has optimus. The warning about hybrid graphics does not apply to you. AFAIK the latest nvidia drivers ALL have optimus capability in-built. Just download the latest nvidia driver and see if your GT 325M is on the list of supported devices. It should simply install as it is. If it says it couldn't find compatible hardware, then you have to mod the inf.

OK, thanks for explaining this to me. I'll try the latest drivers and see if it works.

EDIT: Driver is installing. I chose clean install without 3D vision. If I discover any problems i'll ask again :-)

EDIT 2: It works great. Thank you for your help. Even optimus itself works better. I see the temp is much lower when idle than before.

Edited by Ramo16