LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M15X needs an update

ocelp

Alienware M15X 2008 model

GeForce 8700M GT 512MB

Vista 32bit

current working driver 7.15.11.5655 (23/08/2007)

I need support for OpenGL 3.1+ so an update is required. I tried dling the latest from Nvidia, and it fails. I called Alienware support, they tried a few times, and then told me that they get custon cards from Nvidia that require custom drivers, and what they have on their site (what I am using) is the latest they have made (yes 2007). They said they would customize me a new one for a fee... I told them what I thought of their support (another story) and tried here. I downloaded 27061_win7x32 and the .inf, extracted, overwrote, and got the same failure (see attached). I hope I am posting a simple problem, I have tried searching, reading the FAQ's but can't seem to get it right. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

post-45869-0-09788600-1305773035_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
Guest Raved

Yeah i have the same problem with my m15x.. The issue has been on-going for some time, and cant find a driver anywhere past 2007/2008 that is compatible with my 8700m gt..