LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for XP

adam777

Hello all,

I have no intention of ditching 7 in the foreseeable future, nor do I intend to get rid of Micahel's great driver.

I do need, however to set XP as a dual boot option, and was very sad to realize Micahel's driver is Vista/7 only.

Next, I tried lots of drivers but non of them was able to install.

I even tried the original 2-years old driver from the Dell website as a last resort, only to realize it will not install as well.

I'm pretty much out of ideas, would be great if anyone can point me in the right direction...

Hardware ID:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802BE&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802BE

Thanks, Adam.

* EDIT *

OK, managed to install the original dell driver (5.10.0.6162 - http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R214424&SystemID=studio1555&servicetag=2N9W7K1&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=16518&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=3&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=303574).

Even got 5.1 working right away.

Question remains, though. While not my main working environment, would like to have a more recently updated driver.

Edited by adam777

i have tried digging round the dell site i'm sorry to say i could not find a more recent driver for you T_T.

i have tried digging round the dell site i'm sorry to say i could not find a more recent driver for you T_T.

Yep, came to the same conclusion.

Anyway, my problems are "solved" as the problem I was having under Windows 7 also occurs under XP (GPU related), so I have no real reason to keep the XP...