LaptopVideo2Go Forums

compatible vga/grahics driver

davester

hello peeps:

i got a hp g60 120 us notebook laptop...it was preinstalled with vista home prem...i done a downgrade and installed win xp pro with sp2. i loaded all drivers that was mentioned in this site http://www.hightechno.info/2009/02/hp-g60-120us-xp-drivers.html, all went smooth.. except the audio, but i repaired that but it sounds dull for audio...and also the video when playing youtube vids it is really pagey,,, like page over page over page....also when switching between internet sites it also pages...page over page over page,,,,, also on scrolling down web pages it does the same... page over page... i set the resolution down to the lowest of 16 bit and that work about 40%...but it is still pagey.....i downloaded the vga/graphics driver from the site mentioned above and added the modded inf....my question is, is there another compatible driver that will fix this problem..... pls help on this... i really would like to keep xp on my laptop....dont like vista or win 7 which i have on my other netbooks and kids pc......

hp g60 120 us

win xp sp3 with windows update..

NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G w/modded inf..from laptopvideo2go........

thanx

davester.. :)

Thanx man ... i could use any of them right ..do i have to delete old driver/ sweep it... and reinstall or just install it.....

The right way is to uninstall, sweep and then install; must confess I don't do it always...

The right way is to uninstall, sweep and then install; must confess I don't do it always...

@zipper....

thanks a million man...i installed driver from the site u gave me... had no problems what so ever....real smooth and super fast..... would u know where to get a good quality driver for my audio.... my audio sounds like its in a tin can....it works and all. but its sounds dull...would your know of another site that would have a compatible audio driver.....need your help once again....

hp g60 120 us

windows xp pro sp3

driver:------------ conexant high definition smart audio 221....

Not so easy - HP seems to offer just Win7/Vista drivers. At least the mic seems not to work with them. Look here if there's something that might help: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/XP-Drivers-for-Conexant-High-Definition-Smart-Audio-221-Do-they/td-p/1801