LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 285.27 beta released

zipper

Downloadable on NVidia beta drivers. Desktop and mobile versions.

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

This is the first beta release from the Release 285 family of drivers. You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New in Release 285.27

Performance

NVIDIA PhysX

• Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.11.06.21.

HD Audio

• Updates HD Audio driver to version 1.2.24.0.

OpenGL

• Adds support for OpenGL 4.2 for GeForce 400 series and 500 series GPUs.

Other

*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Quad SLI technology, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.

Found Win7 64bit somewhat problematic, did require all kinds of tinkering to install; not too good performer and important bug: didn't give me 1680x1050 custom screen - or kind of gave, namely 1600x1024 with black borders. Never seen such a behaviour. Discarded quickly.

Black screen crash on 1st install. But installed fine the second time. Game performance seems really good, at least in Crysis 2. Smoother, and less stuttering than previous drivers, e.g. 280.26. On Crysis 2 I was able to up some of the Advanced graphics options in game to Very High too with this driver, without sacrificing too much performance (Game Effects & Particles set to Very High), previous to this driver seemed to be able to run everything in High only, not Very High.

3DMark 06 identical results to all previous recent drivers.

I'm keeping this one for now, only tested it on Crysis 2 for now though!

Took for ever to install but installed happily with modded INF on my Dell D820.

Modded INF has 1600x24, so you should be able to easily mod the INF to include it

post-43-0-44705800-1315997605_thumb.png

Modded INF has 1600x24, so you should be able to easily mod the INF to include it

Yep, but I don't bother with such mediocre benchmark results. Lost my custom settings via clean setup so just restored to my former driver with about 10 custom screens and waiting for something better.

Hi,

I have a dell vostro 3500 netbook with Geforce 310M (switchable) and I can't find a driver update that will still allow me to use the switch feature. Can any of you please help ?

Thanks in advance !

Screen flashes / TDR with driver version 285.27 on 3D Vision notebooks after resuming from standby

Answer ID 3030 | Published 09/13/2011 09:41 AM | Updated 09/13/2011 09:49 AM

A known bug in the beta driver 285.27 will cause the 3D LCD screen on 3D Vision notebooks to flash repeatedly after coming back from sleep/standby. This bug has been fixed and will be available in an updated driver scheduled to be released at the end of September of 2011. If you have updated your display drivers to version 285.27 and need to be able to put your notebook to sleep, we suggest temporarily downgrading the display driver to a previous version until an updated driver is made available.

My 2D display has issue coming from standby, just plain black, probably related to above issue

Guest Programatix

My 2D display has issue coming from standby, just plain black, probably related to above issue

Same with me. I have 3D display. The problem is, after downgrading to previous version the problem seems to follow. Might need to do a fresh re-install.