Acer Aspire Ethos 8951G Official Thread

Ethos

Hello guys

I am opened this thread to share experience with this perfect new laptop

But not like mine upgraded Ethos heh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys, hoping you can help. Just bought an 8951g and I think I have a fault with the audio but want to make sure I haven't missed anything obvious before I shout at my supplier.

When I play videos I am missing a bunch of frequencies, in fact I can't hear any voices. If I plug in headphones I can hear everything perfectly. I have played with the Dolby control panel and tried lots of different audio sources (youtube, grooveshark, iplayer, local AVI etc). The issue is most noticeable on the videos as the voices of the actors are missing, but music sounds hollow and echoful too.

In playback device settings I have 5.1 selected and when I run a test I can only hear the test sound through front left and rear left and right. Center front right and sub don't make a sound. Can i ask you to run teh same test and make sure the test 'bells' are played on all speakers? If so I'll send it back...

Thanks,

Martin