LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Old Hybrid GT 130M wants to play BF3

Vincelix

Hi there,

So here's the deal. I've bought BF3 for my laptop(Acer 5935g), but it seems the driver has to be updated to play BF3. Seeing that it has the hybrid GT 130M gpu this can't be done so easily. I've already updated my driver a while ago using the driver that Nautilus has made and this worked fine, but this driver is now to outdated to play BF3. Any suggestions on how I could update my driver? I read somewhere something about changing a .inf file? Or should I just wait until I get a new pc/laptop?

Hope you can help me out.

Regards,

V

Better to forget it with 130M - it's not up to the task.

I can play MW3 with pretty high settings and this is still with the outdated driver...so it's fine i just need a way to update it to version 285.76 or higher

NVidia has dropped support for Hybrid Power long time earlier. You might get a newer driver to work when disabling the Intel chip and installing just for 130M.

NVidia has dropped support for Hybrid Power long time earlier. You might get a newer driver to work when disabling the Intel chip and installing just for 130M.

Hmmm i was thinking about doing that.. i never use the other gpu anyway. So its just dismounting the intel chip and install the newest driver and thats it?

• 1 month later...