mobilenvidia

NVIDIA driver v305.68 for Windows 8 64bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 305.68
  • Operating System: Windows 8 64bit
  • Driver Date: 2012-08-08 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 170.06MB (MD5: 114650b5a1756b26a0449a646f0fbf4d)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: True
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 1 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 1 models:

[DEV_1183] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

I see that there are MOBILE, MOBILE OEM, DESKTOP etc. this one has nothing, does this mean it works for both mobile and desktop?

I see that there are MOBILE, MOBILE OEM, DESKTOP etc. this one has nothing, does this mean it works for both mobile and desktop?

From my experience if it does not state mobile it is a desktop driver by default.

Please keep in mind that if you download the additional laptopvideo2go inf (usually posted to right of the driver) that will add both desktop and mobile together! The driver will then support all video devices mobile or desktop that laptopvideo2go is aware of.

I hope that helps...

This driver is based on a Desktop driver, which like longplayg above has pointed out is the default.

305.67 is based on a Mobile version in this case many OEM INFs are included.

Interesting there is some brightness control under Win8 64bit release preview, but something is not correct. Way dimmer than it should be. Time to try comparing my hacked 305.67 mobile inf to the laptopvideo2go inf and see if I can spot something.

Thanks guys for explaining this to me, I'm new here.

May I request for a mod inf on this hardware: "NVIDIA GeForce 405 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A7A&SUBSYS_AC711462" ?

It's from a new ALL-IN-ONE I just purchased, unfortunately it only comes with WIN7 32BIT driver and does not work on 64bit at all.

Thanks again!

Edited by unionaire

Thanks guys for explaining this to me, I'm new here.

May I request for a mod inf on this hardware: "NVIDIA GeForce 405 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A7A&SUBSYS_AC711462" ?

It's from a new ALL-IN-ONE I just purchased, unfortunately it only comes with WIN7 32BIT driver and does not work on 64bit at all.

Thanks again!

Ok in the first post is a driver download and to the right of that is a modified inf file. You need to download those drivers. You need to right click the inf link and choose save as so that the file downloads to your hard drive. Extract the driver you downloaded. Copy the nv_disp.inf you downloaded into the sub directory Display.Driver replacing the existing nv_disp.inf. Run the setup in the prior directory.

I see that the modified inf already supports PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A7A, but there is one problem I see as this device id is labeled as "NVIDIA GeForce 315M" and you are stating your device should be a 405!

It should still load the NVIDIA driver. You may want to confirm you purchased a 405 and those are the correct ids for that unit.

Hi Longplaypg, yes I'm pretty sure I got a 405, it is marked with a Nvidia label on the PC's front panel. I think what matters is the SUBSYS_AC711562 part, I suspect this has to do with the HDMI audio also integrated on the video card.

BTW, on the OEM windows 7 32bit driver, there are several 0A7A as well, they are identified by 0A7A.01, 0A7A.02 and 0A7A.03. The one for my driver is labeled as 0A7A.03.

That said, I don't think the modded INF will work for me due to the different SUBSYS string.

Thanks.

Edited by unionaire

Hi Longplaypg, yes I'm pretty sure I got a 405, it is marked with a Nvidia label on the PC's front panel. I think what matters is the SUBSYS_AC711562 part, I suspect this has to do with the HDMI audio also integrated on the video card.

BTW, on the OEM windows 7 32bit driver, there are several 0A7A as well, they are identified by 0A7A.01, 0A7A.02 and 0A7A.03. The one for my driver is labeled as 0A7A.03.

That said, I don't think the modded INF will work for me due to the different SUBSYS string.

Thanks.

You should actually give it a spin. From what I see in the laptopvideo2go inf does not restrict to the subsys string :) When you run setup using the laptopvideo2go inf it should have no problems finding a driver for your video. The setup will install the HDAudio driver also which should help with your HDMI audio :)

The only problem I have is under Win8 Release preview my laptop screen no longer supports the brightness properly. I am digging around to see if I can find out why this happens on my laptop.

Edited by longplaypg

Okay, but for a specific software I need to use, I had to go back to windows 7.

Whatever the case, I think I can give it a shot with windows 7 32bit drivers, if that works then there's no reason why win8 drivers not. I will get back to you soon. Maybe I will also do a Ghost and test it on win 8 too, I will see if I have enough time to do this. (Glad I ghosted it before I wipe it out).

Whatever the case, I think I can give it a shot with windows 7 32bit drivers, if that works then there's no reason why win8 drivers not. I will get back to you soon. Maybe I will also do a Ghost and test it on win 8 too, I will see if I have enough time to do this. (Glad I ghosted it before I wipe it out).

You may have already guessed this, but just to be clear.

Go to the Win8 32 drivers post for this release, download the 32 bit driver, and download the 32bit inf that goes with it. The laptopvideo2go inf supports vista/7/8 by default, but you need the correct driver and inf files for x64 vs x86.

Help! I have downloaded Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64 from Technet. But my

notebook Asus K40IN T6600 usually keep freezing when I'm using Yahoo

Messenger, Google Chrome or any Windows App! I have installed latest drivers for

most of the notebook devices, but it isn't solve the problem.

I have read some thread on other forums to solve this problem. And I found a way,

that's using a hotfix KB2727113 . Unfortunately, this hotfix only run on Win 8 RP :-(

I don't know what to do with this, I like Win 8, but seems that I will rollback to Win 7!

Hope any one can help me. Thanks!

If you have 32bit OS then you have to use a 32bit driver.

The Geforce 315 and Geforce 405 are the same item, it's just Nvidia's naming scheme and how they will change a name to suit their marketing.

400 series are just a 300 series GPU's with tiny little tweaks or die change.

Help! I have downloaded Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64 from Technet. But my

notebook Asus K40IN T6600 usually keep freezing when I'm using Yahoo

Messenger, Google Chrome or any Windows App! I have installed latest drivers for

most of the notebook devices, but it isn't solve the problem.

I have read some thread on other forums to solve this problem. And I found a way,

that's using a hotfix KB2727113 . Unfortunately, this hotfix only run on Win 8 RP :-(

I don't know what to do with this, I like Win 8, but seems that I will rollback to Win 7!

Hope any one can help me. Thanks!

help me ! please...

help me ! please...

Interesting I have finished installing my Win8 x64 Enterprise and haven't used it a lot yet. I did install the laptopvideo2go driver, but I used my own inf in order to have brightness control on the laptop. Are you using the laptopvide2go inf with the driver in the first post?

please post your complete hardware id line for video card with the dev and subsys information

I scanned all my updates and I do not have the KB you mentioned installed nor available to me.

I did check the KB and they say it is only for the release preview still, it has not been updated to include the RTM that I see.

I have not noticed any freezing so far.