LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Intel/Nvidia GeForce GT 540M

VCore

Hello,I am very new at this fórum and I need help. I have a Clevo Computer that has a hybrid GPU Intel/Nvidia GeForce GT 540M. The question is that I'm doing some tests with Windows Server 2012, but I can't install the drivers. I can't install the nvidia, because the wizard says the intel GPU must be installed first. If I try to install the intel driver, I loose the screen. I tryed to change the nvszc.inf file to make the driver installation, but still didn't work. Can you help me out? Thanks.

If by "lose the screen" you mean it goes black and never seems to return or do anything else, that's normal. Sometimes if you just go have dinner or a pint of brew, it eventually sorts itself out, finishes the installation, and reappears. I think the installer just disables the display while it does whatever it does. It usually only happens on a new installation. Upgrades so much more quickly and don't black out the screen.

Thanks for your reply. I know that when I'm installing a GPU driver, the screen blinks while is installing the driver. In this case, the driver setup starts, the screen blinks 4 or 5 times and lock the computer itself, like doing Windows key + L. I unlock the computer, the screen blinks another 5 times and it locks again, and so on... We are talking about a Windows Server 2012 OS running on a hybrid GPU. I changed the .inf file but still didn't work. :(