LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Aspire 8930 GeForce 9600M GT overheat and shutdown on games (World of warcraft , Diablo 3 etc)

horatiu

Hello , i have a problem with my laptop , everytime i try to play a game the gpu goes to 90 degrees and shutsdown instantly , the laptop came with a vista win , after some forum research about this problem a found a thread where someone explained his solution : instal an xp win with an older version of the display driver , i did that and it worked , the problem is that i had to reinstall windows again after 1 year and now i don t remember the driver version that i instaled then :((( i think it was a 9 version around 2010 or 2009 but i cannot remember , someone can help me ?

Ty for the replay , any driver works but i have the same problem , my laptop overheats and shutdowns when i am running world of warcraft or any mmo game , i tryed like 20 drivers until now , i will check the link you gave me and ty again

DEV_0649 SUBSYS 01451025 GeForce 9600M GT  512M do you know a driver for it?

i found this one : NVIDIA driver v179.48 for Windows XP 32bit

ill try it and see how will work 

Edited by horatiu

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=0649&sub=01451025&whql=0&lang=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=&os%5B%5D=xp

There are quite a few drivers for you're machine, and it's still supported.

But I take it only the old drivers work.

I have a 5930g with the same graphics card. I recently upgraded to win 8 using a SSD and it works great and the options for software are better too. 

When I was running XP my favorite driver was the 182.50.

Have to ask, have you cleaned out the fan recently?  The vents can get quite dusty and clogged on these models.  If you haven't, open it up, remove the fan and see if it's clear.

Good Luck!