LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA DRIVER 387.68

Infinity7

NVidia driver 387.68 is released by Windows Update to Win 10 Insiders on the Fast Ring.
driver387_68.JPG.e576015e7b22d904a1a7c57b9f135d7b.JPG
3 different files came in at the same time for this driver update.
The Win 10 64-bit files are in this zip package here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5cy9ksojn1lae7b/NVidia387.68_Files.zip

Driver 387.68 is r387_00-76, dated 09/03/2017
Driver 385.41 is r385_40-2, dated 08/21/2017
Driver 385.28 is r384_95-13, dated 08/09/2017
Driver 385.12 is r384_94-8, dated 07/27/2017
Driver 385.08 is r384_95-8, dated 07/25/2017

Superposition benchmark gave a noticeable score increase with this driver.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare seemed a bit slower at first, then I went into the Win 10 settings menu for Gaming, and discovered that Game Mode was turned off, and TruePlay was turned off. Not what I usually have those set to. I turned those back on, and then Infinite Warfare was fast again.

Yes, it was a stealth update - I noticed it too after it installed. It seems to give a boost to Fallout 4!

4 hours ago, Infinity7 said:

NVidia driver 387.68 is released by Windows Update to Win 10 Insiders on the Fast Ring.
3 different files came in at the same time for this driver update.
The Win 10 64-bit files are in this zip package here...

Thanks,

Pieter's INF 6.078 failed with the new branch, i had to inject my device ID into the included nv_ref_pubwu.inf

INF modding giving me lots of grief, still working on it

In meantime just mod the INF with PCI_ID, this does work

This driver with latest Win 10 Insider version makes CoD Infinite Warfare run so good, it would not be possible to make the game run better.

Modded INF finally came to the dark side and up

Something is majorly different for Black Ops 3 with this driver.

The colors are weird when I'm set to Fullscreen, and the fonts are fuzzy.
My mouse cursor is not visible either.

As soon as I change to Windowed (Fullscreen), colors, fonts, and mouse cursor are showing correctly.

Black Ops 3 having trouble with WDDM 2.3 I think.

Somebody (ARandomDolphin) in the NVidia forums said: "Tom Clancy's The Division has this issue too! Switching to windowed (fullscreen) in The Division fixed the color distortion issue. Battlefield 4 is not affected by the color problem even when running in fullscreen mode."

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare does not have this color issue when running fullscreen with this driver.

CORRECTION:

I just changed my Windows color setting.

Usually I have it set to RGB.
Now I changed it to NVidia Color Settings YCbCr422 in Windows, then chose HDTV (rec.709) in the game and the colors are now fine for Fullscreen.

The colors are bad when YCbCr444 (rather than YCbCr422) is set in Windows and HDTV (rec.709) in game.

In the past I was able to choose RGB in Windows and HDTV (rec.709) in game.
Not anymore.

I have to use Limited Output Color Range though. Not Full like usual, because it's not a choice for me when I'm set to YCbCr422.

But I guess I have to set Windows to do NVidia Color Settings YCbCr422 (not YCbCr444) with Limited Output Color Range if I want to play CoD BO3 in Fullscreen, but not necessary for me to do that if playing Windowed (Fullscreen).

I just found out that my Heaven Benchmark 4.0 DirectX 11 test is noticeably higher with this driver than any of my previous tests with earlier drivers.