LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 390.77 Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

NVidia driver 390.77 is out at NVidia downloads.
Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Release Notes: http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/390.77/390.77-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, War Thunder,
Black Desert Online, and Metal Gear Survive.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• DIRT 4
• Hot Lava
• Metal Gear Survive
• Ode 

Software Module Versions
• nView - 148.92
• HD Audio Driver - 1.3.36.6
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.17.0524
• GeForce Experience - 3.12.0.84
• CUDA - 9.1 

Fixed Issues in this Release
 [SLI][Dirt 4]: There is corruption and flickering in the game with SLI enabled.
 [Neverwinter Nights]: Some graphics are missing.
 [Optimus Notebook]: GeForce Experience may launch with a black screen.
 [3DMark]: There is a drop in the benchmark performance.
 [GeForce GTX 1080][G-SYNC]: Performance issues occurred with G-SYNC windowed
mode enabled.
 [GeForce GTX 1070 Ti][NVIDIA Control Panel]: The NVIDIA Control Panel->Output
Dynamic Range setting does not persist but switches from Full to Limited after
rebooting the system.

Windows 10 Open Issues
 [NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between
different overclocked memory clocks multiple times.
 [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the
DisplayPort and two DVI monitors.
 [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a
Threadripper-enabled motherboard.
 [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game.
 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Doom]: The game crashes due to the driver reverting to
OpenGL 1.1 when HDR is enabled.

Driver 390.77 is r390_00-154, dated 01/23/2018
Driver 390.65 is r390_63-2, dated 01/03/2018
Driver 388.71 is r388_43-17, dated 12/15/2017
Driver 388.59 is r388_43-11, dated 12/05/2017
Driver 388.43 is r387_00-177, dated 11/27/2017

This installed fine for me with a GTX960m

390.77.JPG

34 minutes ago, anon14070986 said:

Not working with Clevo P150SM-A with 970M.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8&SUBSYS_52811558&REV_A1

In spite of disabling driver signatures?

Enable NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience installer logging

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171/

and check for errors.

36 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

In spite of disabling driver signatures?

Enable NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience installer logging

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171/

and check for errors.

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

ofc i did. it just fails to install almost instantly.

https://pastebin.com/ZUQXB0dN

Edited by anon14070986
added log

So there are 2 errors

7.100 |    ERROR: [NVI2.InstallThread] 54@CInstallThread::ThreadProc : Install failed - Exception {0x80070005 - 액세스가 거부되었습니다.; File: InstallationStepper.cpp; Line: 769; Extension failed during call toAnalyze} - going to fail state.

351.579 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 242@CNVInstaller::PerformSteps : Installation failed with error Exception {0x80070005 - 액세스가 거부되었습니다.; File: SimpleThread.h; Line: 228}. 

Check this advisory

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/968003/error-0x80070005-in-windows-update-when-you-try-to-install-updates

1 hour ago, StefanG3D said:

So there are 2 errors

7.100 |    ERROR: [NVI2.InstallThread] 54@CInstallThread::ThreadProc : Install failed - Exception {0x80070005 - 액세스가 거부되었습니다.; File: InstallationStepper.cpp; Line: 769; Extension failed during call toAnalyze} - going to fail state.

351.579 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 242@CNVInstaller::PerformSteps : Installation failed with error Exception {0x80070005 - 액세스가 거부되었습니다.; File: SimpleThread.h; Line: 228}. 

Check this advisory

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/968003/error-0x80070005-in-windows-update-when-you-try-to-install-updates

i am logged in as admin user, i excuted program as admin right ofc(i cant even launch install with non-admin user)

What happens without modified INF?

Your SUBSYS_ID is supported

stefan028-20180131.png

Same errors in log file?

If you don't need a modded INF you need to modify your OEM INF to remove PCI_ID lines of your GPU
Or update via Control panel and force installer to use non WHQL INF (modded)

I installed this driver with the 390.65 inf. Just modified the date at the top and I as I type this I tried to get on my laptop and it's at a black screen again. Rolling back to 388 until it's fixed.

5 hours ago, ShankDaShiv27 said:

This is mine. SUBSYS is SUBSYS_1520103C

Thats a HP Quadro 5000M ?
That Subsys is supported 390.65 but not in 390.77, you shouldn't need a modded INF for 395.65

So it installs no errors just a black screen ?
You may need to fiddle with OEM settings in INF, try tracing the route your GPU takes in 390.65 nvbli.inf

Um no I have the gtx 870m  installed weird lol. That was just my machine subsys not the video card and both drivers did it. That's why I went back to 388.43.

Edited by ShankDaShiv27

16 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

Thats a HP Quadro 5000M ?
That Subsys is supported 390.65 but not in 390.77, you shouldn't need a modded INF for 395.65

So it installs no errors just a black screen ?
You may need to fiddle with OEM settings in INF, try tracing the route your GPU takes in 390.65 nvbli.inf

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1199&SUBSYS_1520103C&REV_A1
That's the full hardware IDS from Device Manager. I do need a modded inf because of my custom video card I installed.

Could be just the driver itself too. It installed fine and was playing GTA V all night the night before. Then the next morning black screen and couldn't get it back. Had to DDU and install 388. No black screen issues. Something I forgot to mention was I saw something rather odd in DDU in safe mode. It listed 2 GPUs; the GTX 870M and another one called GPU Configuration. o.0 Am I crazy or does everyone have that?

You might need OEM settings from HP that may sort your black screen issue
Its hard to tell as you've added a GPU that probably was never meant to go in that laptop and BIOS probably may have some issues with it
Bit hard for me as I've not really dealt with GPU swapping

On 2/2/2018 at 3:58 AM, mobilenvidia said:

You might need OEM settings from HP that may sort your black screen issue
Its hard to tell as you've added a GPU that probably was never meant to go in that laptop and BIOS probably may have some issues with it
Bit hard for me as I've not really dealt with GPU swapping

Oh it's a lot of fun man lol. I Invented new swear words just getting my Elitebook apart and back together in one piece again. All in all it was worth it. Got two identical Elitebooks for me and the gf for about 600 bucks. For what i get and can do with both machines it was well worth the price. Mine is more difficult because the GTX 870m isn't officially supported but hers has a Quadro k4000m that I put in that is fully supported. Come to find out too that they're both identical GPUs. They perform about the same. If i knew that at the time I would of just got another Quadro like hers or a k5000m with more CUDA cores. Anyways no biggie. I'll stick to 388.43 and I'm lucky these drivers work well without a lot of modding. If you or someone you know have extra time and  want to mod the new driver files for me I'll donate a few bucks for your time. It may not even be possible at all because upon further research from Elitebook 8740w Ultimate Upgrade Guide the GTX 800 Series are full of nothing but problems for this machine and it's supposedly white listed but like i said I got lucky with it lol. There's got to be something we could do with the inf if the 388 drivers work fine. Something changed I just don't know what.