LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 460.89 Game Ready / Quadro / Studio / CUDA Toolkit 11.2

StefanG3D

Driver Name Change

With the introduction of NVIDIA RTX products powering the next generation of professional visual, compute, and AI platform solutions for the enterprise, the Quadro driver will be transitioning to the NVIDIA RTX Enterprise brand to better align with new and future products. NVIDIA RTX Enterprise drivers will continue to provide users with the same level of enterprise-class quality, reliability, performance, and security as previous Quadro drivers. These new drivers will not only deliver the latest features and improvements for NVIDIA RTX GPUs, but also for current and previous generation Quadro GPUs.

The driver branch name will also transition from "Optimal Driver for Enterprise" to "Production Branch." All the same enterprise attributes of the driver branch will remain. The new branch name will now allow driver types to be consistently referenced across other enterprise GPU products as well, such as Data Center GPUs.

NVIDIA RTX Production Branch Driver

Release 460 is a 'Production Branch’ (PB) release. PB drivers are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making these drivers ideal for enterprise customers and other users who require application and hardware certification from ISVs and OEMs respectively.

PB drivers are a superset of the NVIDIA Studio Drivers and provides all the benefits of the Studio Driver of the same version in addition to NVIDIA RTX-specific enhancements and testing.

What’s New in Version 460 U1

• Added support for new NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPU
  • New Advanced Display features:
    • Dedicated Display(s) capability to support needs for full-screen displays, eliminating OS pop-up notifications, increased performance for large number of displays, and low-latency present to displays
    • High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for tiled displays
  • NVIDIA-SMI capability to modify GPU target temperature
  • Studio Application Updates
    • Support for Chaos Vantage, including live link to Autodesk 3ds Max to allow changes made in one application to be reflected in the other
    • Enhanced OctaneRender 2020.2 ray tracing performance with faster deformation motion blur and motion blur on animated instances with NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPUs
  • Support for V-Ray Benchmark to test how fast your hardware renders in V-Ray 5
  • Support for new UltraGlow and UltraZap effects in Boris FX Sapphire
  • Supports CUDA to 11.2

Fixed Issues in Version 460 U1

• [DaVinci Resolve]: “Media Offline” errors appear when seeking frames in an H.256 video.
  • [Stellar][OptiX]: The application experiences rendering performance issues.
  • [Solidworks 2020]: The application experiences poor drawing performance.

Open Issues in Version 460 U1

• [Alchemist]: The application crashes when either changing the display resolution or switching to another display with a different resolution.

To workaround, avoid changing the resolution, or disconnecting from or connecting to an external display with the application opened.

https://cn.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/460.89/460.89-win10-quadro-release-notes.pdf
https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/460.89/460.89-quadro-rtx-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe
https://pl.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/460.89/460.89-quadro-rtx-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators, and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond.

Applications

The December NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest creative applications including Chaos Vantage, OctaneRender 2020.2, V-Ray 5 Benchmark, Boris FX Sapphire 2021, Unreal Engine 4.26, and the NVIDIA Omniverse Open Beta.

In addition, this release also provides support for the new flagship professional RTX A6000 GPU. Built on the revolutionary NVIDIA Ampere architecture, RTX A6000 combines next-generation RT Cores, Tensor Cores, and CUDA® cores with 48 GB of graphics memory for unprecedented graphics, rendering, and AI performance.

Learn more about these new releases in NVIDIA's Studio Driver article here.

https://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.89/460.89-notebook-win10-64bit-international-nsd-whql.exe
https://kr.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.89/460.89-notebook-win10-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql.exe
https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.89/460.89-win10-nsd-release-notes.pdf

Modded INF attached, only for the DCH driver

Disable driver signature before installation

Copy INF into "Display.Driver" folder and install driver via have disk method (setup.exe will fail)
Confirm warning screen

Check successful installation in GPU-Z->advanced tab->WDDM->UMD driver name

If you encounter Code 43, try nvidiaInspector.exe -RestartDisplayDriver (in worst case after every Windows start)

Click here to change "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" and "Variable Rate Refresh"

Mobile Kepler users please review NVIDIA's official support plan.
Technically it means, mobile support has been arbitrarily removed from installer files (INF),  so a modded INF is mandatory to use this driver with mobile Kepler GPUs

Binary compatibility within one GPU generation can be guaranteed under certain conditions because they share the basic instruction set

Modded INF is also mandatory if you replaced your notebook GPU with an aftermarket model.

"Both PNP ID and ACPI ID consist of two parts: a Vendor ID, followed by a product identifier. Each manufacturer of these devices must be assigned an industry-unique Vendor ID... The Device Manufacturer is responsible for assigning this identifier to each individual product MODEL. Once an identifier is assigned to a product model, it must not be assigned to any other product model manufactured by the same company (that is, that uses the same Vendor ID)." 
Source: PNP ID and ACPI ID Registry

R46089.inf

• StefanG3D changed the title to GeForce 460.89 Game Ready / Quadro / Studio / CUDA Toolkit 11.2
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:56 PM, StefanG3D said:

Disable driver signature before installation

Copy INF into "Display.Driver" folder and install driver via have disk method (setup.exe will fail)
Confirm warning screen

Check successful installation in GPU-Z->advanced tab->WDDM->UMD driver name

If you encounter Code 43, try nvidiaInspector.exe -RestartDisplayDriver (in worst case after every Windows start)

Click here to change "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" and "Variable Rate Refresh"

Mobile Kepler users please review NVIDIA's official support plan.
Technically it means, mobile support has been arbitrarily removed from installer files (INF),  so a modded INF is mandatory to use this driver with mobile Kepler GPUs

Binary compatibility within one GPU generation can be guaranteed under certain conditions because they share the basic instruction set

Modded INF is also mandatory if you replaced your notebook GPU with an aftermarket model.

"Both PNP ID and ACPI ID consist of two parts: a Vendor ID, followed by a product identifier. Each manufacturer of these devices must be assigned an industry-unique Vendor ID... The Device Manufacturer is responsible for assigning this identifier to each individual product MODEL. Once an identifier is assigned to a product model, it must not be assigned to any other product model manufactured by the same company (that is, that uses the same Vendor ID)." 
Source: PNP ID and ACPI ID Registry

R46089.infUnavailable

Hi, I'm using Geforce GTX 880M (mobile Kepler) so have reached end of life support for official Nvidia drivers (425.31).

Is it possible for me to install a newer driver? One that will support features such as overlay and whisper mode?

I understand that I need a modded INF file but the attachment seems to be unavailable. Have you provided this elsewhere? 

Thank  you

10 hours ago, tomg said:

Hi, I'm using Geforce GTX 880M (mobile Kepler) so have reached end of life support for official Nvidia drivers (425.31).

Is it possible for me to install a newer driver? One that will support features such as overlay and whisper mode?

I understand that I need a modded INF file but the attachment seems to be unavailable. Have you provided this elsewhere?

Check again, it becomes available after registration.

You can use any new driver with a mod as long as NVIDIA supports a lousy GT710 desktop, which has an eighth of the strength of your GPU.

Actually we already have here two other 880M owners, who use these mods.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, StefanG3D said:

Will this Modded INF attached, only for the DCH driver work for the kepler versions like Geforce GTX 870M as well? 

So if I uninstall the current driver I will be able to install and use this DCH driver as well? 

On 12/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, StefanG3D said:

Confirm warning screen

I did the normal setup.exe until now. 

How do I use this have disk method? I read the FAQ but still have the question for windows 10 how to do this.....?

1 hour ago, jordanvanbergen said:

Will this Modded INF attached, only for the DCH driver work for the kepler versions like Geforce GTX 870M as well? 

Yes, you are the 3rd or 4th 870M user here.

1 hour ago, jordanvanbergen said:

How do I use this have disk method? I read the FAQ but still have the question for windows 10 how to do this.....?

Check this protocol from Windows screen recorder. It's in german, but you should get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vp0mbDo_2axUr7A64Jrcx4NOjTan2Yis/view

btw we already have a mod for the latest driver 461.40

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34045-geforce-46140-game-ready-studio-quadro/

22 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

Yes, you are the 3rd or 4th 870M user here.

Check this protocol from Windows screen recorder. It's in german, but you should get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vp0mbDo_2axUr7A64Jrcx4NOjTan2Yis/view

btw we already have a mod for the latest driver 461.40

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34045-geforce-46140-game-ready-studio-quadro/

Will try the latest 😉 and I will try a quick version upgrade first like this:

Reboot without driver signature and try to update the modded 445.87 direct with have disk method and if this won't work this way will try the full uninstall etc. 

21 minutes ago, jordanvanbergen said:

Will try the latest 😉 and I will try a quick version upgrade first like this:

Reboot without driver signature and try to update the modded 445.87 direct with have disk method and if this won't work this way will try the full uninstall etc. 

Did the full uninstall way to make sure I had the most opportunity to be succesfull and it worked out! 

461.40working.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed, works on 870M perfectly. And the procedure is simple and easy to follow.

Edited by Mikele83
I'm an idiot :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello can this drivers work on a mac somehow? i have already installed in windows, thank you !