LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 496.13 Game Ready

StefanG3D

Game Ready for Back 4 Blood
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Back 4 Blood, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 46% at 4K. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including the launch of the Crysis Remastered Trilogy and Baldur’s Gate 3 which utilize NVIDIA DLSS, as well as DLSS updates to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Chivalry 2. Additionally, this release provides optimal support for The Riftbreaker and Sword and Fairy 7.

Learn more in NVIDIA's Game Ready Driver article here.

https://it.download.nvidia.com/Windows/496.13/496.13-notebook-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe
https://fr.download.nvidia.com/Windows/496.13/496.13-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Branch progression:
496.13 r495_86-10

CUDA 11.5.56

Kepler support has been removed from INF's. However, kernel mode driver still contains GK100 functions and runtimes still expose SM3.x
In theory you can use NVCleanstall to install this driver on Kepler. Any guinea pig out there?

Sir I am not able to mod this 496.13 driver, please can you help me out my gpu is GT 740M (Kepler). But I was able to mod the inf till 472.12 driver but now I am not able to do that, so please help me sir. 

Edited by Ricko

55 minutes ago, Ricko said:

Sir I am not able to mod this 496.13 driver, please can you help me out my gpu is GT 740M (Kepler). But I was able to mod the inf till 472.12 driver but now I am not able to do that, so please help me sir. 

Alas r495 series and beyond are for Maxwell GPU's and up
Kepler support was dropped your only hope are the r470 series updates, end of the road for Kepler

I said "in theory" because i got results from these text searches:

find "kepler" nvcuda64.dll	
find "GK100" nvlddmkm.sys

You would have to reverse engineer the code to find out whether these results are called by valid functions.
Don't ask me how...

To make things clear: did the modded installation itself fail or did the system crash after completed installation?

Which 740M do you actually have?

NVIDIA_DEV.0FDF = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M"
NVIDIA_DEV.1292 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M"
NVIDIA_DEV.1294 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M "

Find out with GPU-Z

NVIDIA_DEV.1292 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M" Sir it is this one. And the installation was successful no error but my gpu was missing after that from device manager so i had to roll back to the previous driver 472.12. 

GPUZ.gif

Edited by Ricko

Well, it was worth a try.

I guess NVIDIA is just too lazy to clean up their source code.

At least there will be R470 drivers until September 2024 according to https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5202