LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M2000M inside of the HP Zbook 15 G3

techpriest

Hello here, here ara rather stupid question, i bought an M2000M mxm card to upgrade my Zbook from M1000M, and i have immediately run into the problem of error 43, after a little bit a digging i found out that i got a dell version of it.

Do i have a chance to make it work, or i have just wasted half of my mounth salary?

Also after i tried SDI and GeForce experience, i got a BSOD, drivers missing.

Review this guide:

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34429-how-to-mod-and-sign-nvidia-drivers-with-tpu-nvcleanstall/

Especially the paragraph "Modded INF is also mandatory if you replaced your notebook GPU with an aftermarket model..."

Also:

• don't post duplicate threads
  • don't abuse the report option
Edited by StefanG3D

Hello here, sorry for delay, but i only now got to work. Even after i tried a few different templates i still get an error 43.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, StefanG3D said:

Review this guide:

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34429-how-to-mod-and-sign-nvidia-drivers-with-tpu-nvcleanstall/

Especially the paragraph "Modded INF is also mandatory if you replaced your notebook GPU with an aftermarket model..."

Also:

+

On 10/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, StefanG3D said:

Review this guide:

Also:

Ya, i got it to work, thanks man.

Turn out, all one needed to do was to flash all the drivers, delete device completely and mod nvblwi.inf instead of Dell ones. Gotta write down which .inf belongs to what brand.

Still better than trying to revive G6-1000. An AMD one.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:47 PM, StefanG3D said:

Hello here. I have a new stupid question. I think windows hates me, because it started installing new drivers every reboot and now i neeed to make clean install every time i turn my laptop off. I turned every possible checkbox i found that contained words "automatic" and "driver" in it , but it keeps doing that. Why? I even edited registry activating "do not download drivers" but it still keeps breaking my laptop. FOR GOD SAKE I HATE THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by techpriest