LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 555.41 Windows Insider

StefanG3D

Download via Windows update in canary channel on a desktop rig (for whatever reason Microsoft removed mobile INF's from CAB's a while ago)

To create a backup go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\
There must be a file with recent date stamp and some 100 MB file size, the name consists of random hex numbers without .CAB extension

Branch: bugfix_main-18730
CUDA capped at 12.4.0
OpenCL working
Vulkan API 1.3.278
OpenGL adds support for GL_NV_gpu_program_multiview
This driver supports WDDM 3.2
No Blackwell teaser yet 💩

rtv.png

Edited by StefanG3D
update

• StefanG3D changed the title to GeForce 555.41 Windows Insider

If someone has a backup, please share.

It's like none are interested Q.Q 

I want these too. I wasted my time trying to pull the drivers using a virtual machine, just to find out that as a laptop user I shouldn't have even attempted that 😄 

EDIT:

Someone finally uploaded it:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-555-41-windows-insider.451616/#post-6215653

needs confirmation if real though

Edited by Manciuszz

17 hours ago, Manciuszz said:

needs confirmation if real though

Modded on 3 different laptops successfully.

No Blackwell teaser yet.
Lets see what NVIDIA presents on Monday at GTC, probably only the 144GB Hopper...

Installed successfully on my laptop too.

Though, I guess you need to still be on Insider Preview builds in order to enjoy that WDDM 3.2

image.png.703c47fcd8501069a2db6e67503279f9.png

Which XIGNCODE 3 Anti-Cheat supported games doesn't like these days and won't even boot.

Edited by Manciuszz

18 minutes ago, Manciuszz said:

Though, I guess you need to still be on Insider Preview builds in order to enjoy that WDDM 3.2

Correct, build 26080 has all the new stuff mentioned in the news section.

However, i quit the insider channel years ago after a major system crash.

Ye olde HP boot disk failed to restore my laptop, luckily Rufus had been released at that time and did the job👍

15 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

Modded on 3 different laptops successfully.

No Blackwell teaser yet.
Lets see what NVIDIA presents on Monday at GTC, probably only the 144GB Hopper...

25.631 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVDevicePhase] 1718@CNVDevicePhase::InstallHelper : Device phase failure Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.}.
     25.669 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVDevicePhase] 483@CNVDevicePhase::InvokePhase : COM error: Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.}.
     25.705 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 2031@CNVInstaller::InternalPerformInstall : Package "Display.Driver" failed with error: Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.; File: PerformInstall.cpp; Line: 3996; Phase failure}.
     25.706 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 2090@CNVInstaller::InternalPerformInstall : Failing at package "Display.Driver" failed with error: Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.} - aborting install.

1 hour ago, Darkov said:
     25.631 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVDevicePhase] 1718@CNVDevicePhase::InstallHelper : Device phase failure Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.}.
     25.669 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVDevicePhase] 483@CNVDevicePhase::InvokePhase : COM error: Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.}.
     25.705 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 2031@CNVInstaller::InternalPerformInstall : Package "Display.Driver" failed with error: Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.; File: PerformInstall.cpp; Line: 3996; Phase failure}.
     25.706 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 2090@CNVInstaller::InternalPerformInstall : Failing at package "Display.Driver" failed with error: Exception {0x800f024b - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.} - aborting install.

NVCleanstall fails with recent drivers from Windows update in spite of the workaround i used previously.

Modify INF manually for your rig like this:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...17134]
%NVIDIA_DEV.25A2%           = Section071, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.1380%           = Section005, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1380

[Strings]
DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows 10 (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"
FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY = 0x00000010
FLG_ADDREG_NOCLOBBER = 0x00000002
NVIDIA = "NVIDIA"
NVIDIA_A = "NVIDIA"
NVIDIA_DEV.25A2 = "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU"
NVIDIA_DEV.1380 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti"

After modding disable driver signatures and install via have disk method as described in our FAQ section.

8 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

NVCleanstall fails with recent drivers from Windows update in spite of the workaround i used previously.

Modify INF manually for your rig like this:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...17134]
%NVIDIA_DEV.25A2%           = Section071, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_25A2                 
%NVIDIA_DEV.1380%           = Section005, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1380

[Strings]
DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows 10 (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"
FLG_ADDREG_KEYONLY = 0x00000010
FLG_ADDREG_NOCLOBBER = 0x00000002
NVIDIA = "NVIDIA"
NVIDIA_A = "NVIDIA"
NVIDIA_DEV.25A2 = "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU"
NVIDIA_DEV.1380 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti"

After modding disable driver signatures and install via have disk method as described in our FAQ section.

I did disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

image.png

Edited by Darkov

4 minutes ago, Darkov said:

image.png

Looks like driver signatures are not disabled.

Did you reach the F8 screen at reboot and did you select option 7?

Just now, StefanG3D said:

Looks like driver signatures are not disbled.

Did you reach the F8 screen at reboot and did you select option 7?

Shift + Restart, troubleshoot, startup settings, and from there option 7) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

5 minutes ago, Darkov said:

Shift + Restart, troubleshoot, startup settings, and from there option 7) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

In a CLI execute

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

It must confirm success

Then try again

8 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

In a CLI execute

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

It must confirm success

Then try again

I just disabled Secure Boot and used bcdedit /set testsigning on
That worked

Wonder why disabling Signature Enforcement through Advanced Startup didn't work.

Edited by Darkov

1 minute ago, Darkov said:

I just disabled Secure Boot and used bcdedit /set testsigning off
That worked

Cool.

I didn't expect that disabling secure boot works on a modern laptop, hence i didn't suggest it.