LaptopVideo2Go Forums

EA Games / Battlefield

Guest TheRiddler

Guest TheRiddler

I downloaded the latest drivers and inf. But I've something very weird.

With the BF I see the everything clear. Except te objects.

They are blocks of white. No Details.

The weird thing is that it only occurs with EA related games. I got the whole collection (Battlefield 1942, Road to Rome, Secret Weapons, Desert Combat)

And it doesn't occure with COD (Call of Duty).

Anyone heard that before?

Guest Gialdy

Do you have the lastes DirectX drivers?

Also try reseting your settings in BF game or playing at a different resolution.

Also, make sure that your drivers are not set to clone in the display properties.

Guest Gialdy

After reading your post I went and upgraded to the lastes driver using the lastes inf.

I went and tried to play BF and it didn't work. I went to Dxdiag and tryed to run a directx test. It said that the test was canceled by pressing a key. I retry it a couple of times and still the same message.

I there is something wrong and we should be able to work it out soon. If you want, roll back to your previous drivers, until this issue could be resolved.

Gialdy

Satellite Pro 6100

Xp Pro 2.0Ghz 420 Go 32mg

I went to Dxdiag and tryed to run a directx test. It said that the test was canceled by pressing a key.

One user had that before, but I forgot what has to be done. Try searching the forum for a solution.

Guest Gialdy

Found the problem!!!

I was looking around the drivers and I found that after the installation of the directx settings had the Hardware acceleration off.

Any directx game or text using dxdiag will not work b/c the acceleration was off. I turn it to 2x and all the games are working fine. :)

My only concern is: What setting should I use?? I don't remember what it was before installing the new drivers. I don't want to overclock. Could someone help me out??

PS FYI To turn the hardware acceleration to 2x or 4x or whatever, go to GeForce settings. Click on Performance and Quality and select "Show Advance settings". A couple of settings appear and the last one is the hardware acceleration. Now back to BF Vietman. :)