LaptopVideo2Go Forums

56.64 with inf 20.17 still black bar

Craig Corp

Hi,

Just for jollies I tried todays release of 56.64 from Guru3d with your inf 20.17 on my Satellite 5105 S501. It still thinks the max res is 1372x1050 instead of 1400x1050 and gives the black bar to the right of the screen :)

GeForce4 440 GO 32MB

Oh well, rolling back to 44.68, my new favorite.

Craig

Guest [mouta]
Pieter has not released an INF yet

where did u get the 20.17 INF?

or did u just use one from a previous driver?

Maybe he used the 53.82 Inf... that's the only 20.17 INF i can see on Pieter's site...

Guest JFranks0987

yeah he may have.....

but i dont know if that would work ok

im sure there are some settings that have changed

thats why he makes an INF for each Driver VERSION

INF has been modded !!

Your wait is over.

INF can be found here.

Feedback as always encouraged,

Enjoy,

Pieter.

PS the website will have the 7-zipped driver (9MB) in about an hour from this post.

I'm uploading as we speak, then the link to the INF will be available as well.

The joy of 46.6kb dialup connection.

have you played around with some settings and tried again?

I'd like to experiment with it as well, but I'm using my Toshiba full time and it takes a long time to reinstall 45.33 with dual view (3 reboots: 1 after installing driver, 1 to check the DualView checkbox, and 1 for Windows to recognize the DualView device). I wonder, is there a way to modify the inf so that less reboots are needed? the inf I'm using is teraphy's inf for 45.24.

Thanks a lot,

ms

Craig, can you do me a favor and extract the registry settings located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY

Post as a text file and not a reg file please. I want to see what EDID's you are getting.

Theraphy,

Thanks for you interest. I've already rolled back to 44.68, but I'll redo the 56.64 install later today or tomorrow and get you the requested info :)

Has anyone looked at the newer 56.82 which was purportedly moded from a Toshiba driver release?

You don't have to do any driver changes. The info should still be there :)

Theraphy,

I have the registry section you want exported as a text file, but when I try to upload it either with or without the .txt extension, the forum tells me that I cannot upload this type of file. Sorry if I'm being dense, but whats the secret for it to let me upload it?

I'm not sure, perhaps file size? Can you zip it and upload it?

I don't think this forum has a setting for limiting of file types. At least I can't find it at the moment. You're limited to upload 100k files though.

Theraphy,

I don't know if this will help, but I notice that there are several main sections under the Display key: Default_Monitor, NVD0003, NVD0400, nvMultiView, TOS5086, and TOS5088. I wonder if the presence of two NVD and two TOS monitor types means that some drivers are recognizing it as the correct monitor type and others as a different Toshiba laptop monitor. Maybe this is the problem?

Craig

if you install the driver on a clean system without any errors you should have either TOS5086 (1400x1050) or TOS5088 (1600x1200), and TWO default monitors.

At least thats what it is on my system. So i think you played around toooo much with your GPU settings or doing a wrong installation.

I am about to look at the file, but yes if any reading is occuring then TOSXXXX is a good setting and the NVDXXXX are the generated displays which may or may not work.

--

Attached EDID info. They are just text files with an extension of .dat

Your current working display is the TOS5086.

NVD0003 -- 1600x1200

NVD0400 -- 1372x1050

TOS5086 -- 1400x1050

TOS5088 -- 1600x1200

CC_EDID.zip

Would it maybe help the blackbar issue if I delete the NVD0400 and TOS 5088 keys? In other words, are the drivers seeing these and thinking that I have a TOS 5088 display at 1372x1050 resolution insteas on a TOS5086 with a res of 1400x1050?

Unfortunately, no you cannot delete those nor can you edit them. They are forced into the registry upon boot. Either boot or driver install I think it's the first one. Only one is being used at a time. The others are just left over from previous driver attempts. What does change it is the SoftEDID/Mobile values. But obviously if the driver isn't calling the right value then issues arise. I'm not sure how some drivers work and some don't -- you'd think they'd get it right and leave it :)

I hate saying these word but do you want to be a test subject?