LaptopVideo2Go Forums

56.64 Geforce2 GO

Guest w00ters

Guest w00ters

I just d/led pieters mod 20.81 .inf w/ 56.64 nvidia driver. I extracted tje contents of the nvidia driver to a folder. replaced nv4_disp.inf w/ modded. Went in device manager to update VGA device [after uninstalling old drivers], pointed updater to new .inf...no workee.

i then did it ol' fashioned way, ran setup.exe. it said everything was installing, installed. rebooted. driver still didnt install

. wuts going on here? I have a geforce2 go did u not include support for this card nemore? or is sumthin screwed up w/ my dell i82k. i have installed numerous modified drivers in the past few years w/ out this ever happening, wut to do?

Guest w00ters

i found the fix! thx so much for your help guys :)

just copy nv4_disp.inf to c:\winnt [windows if u have xp]\inf. by default, the updater looks in that dir for a better inf. so i just copied the afformentioned one here and it detected it. viola!

why dont' you read the realease notes before installing a beta inf with some desktop driver: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=290

It's clearly written in red thast the performance page and other things have still issues!

:)

Guest Guest

dude, vsync is a very standard feature. ive never seen a driver [dating back to my old Mach64 Rage LT Pro 4 MB ATI chip modded ATI .inf] disable the ability to turn on/off vsync.

How in the hell do you mess up toggling vsync? The option is clearly there but it doesnt work. NE ideas?

Guest Guest
Windows XP: Performance and Quality page does not update correctly. A fix for this issue will be included in a future driver release

Thats nice, speficically, the only thing that doesnt work for me, is vsync, gg.

First, check to be sure it really can't be adjusted. (Adjustments with this new Control Panel aren't very intuitive.) Click on "Vertical Sync" to highlight it and a checkbox labled "Application-controlled" should appear at the bottom of the page. Clear that checkbox and the slider should appear that lets you turn vsync off.

If that doesn't work, then you're right, it's been disabled. Any individual feature can be enabled or disabled and the "fast" way to adjust a lot of them at once is through the DefaultQuickTweak setting. Search for that in your INF, under [nv_ControlPanelSettings], and set its value to 0. Reinstall the driver and see if that fixes it.

Call me dude, duder, HIS DUDENESS or EL DUDERINO. :)

Just jokin' , evryting a gwan.

The bug you reported will be added to the database (feedback is always welcome...)

Also give 54.01 and 56.82 a try, cuz they are meant to be mobile drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest w00ters

thx.

the 54.01 mobile drivers are just wut i wuz lookin for.

ive tested almost every modded driver released thus far w/ geforce2go 32MB on Dell I82K

I use lowest performance settings [in driver tabs] and then crank the detail settings in games all the way up.

54.01 is a very smooth driver, very fast :)

Call me dude, duder, HIS DUDENESS or EL DUDERINO.  :)

The bug you reported will be added to the database (feedback is always welcome...)

hey man i got to ask this how in the hell does ur system start in less than 14 secs did u disable absolutly everything in msconfig have u used tweak xp cause i got 13 secs boot up time when my laptop had nothing else but drivers :) please share man

Guest Guest
Call me dude, duder, HIS DUDENESS or EL DUDERINO.   :)

hey man i got to ask this how in the hell does ur system start in less than 14 secs did u disable absolutly everything in msconfig have u used tweak xp cause i got 13 secs boot up time when my laptop had nothing else but drivers :) please share man

My I2650 1.6ghz starts up in 15secs, and nope, everything that is supposed to be enabled, is. Cept for Realplayer, and Quicktime, but they're just stupid, so yea...

My I2650 1.6ghz starts up in 15secs, and nope, everything that is supposed to be enabled, is. Cept for Realplayer, and Quicktime, but they're just stupid, so yea...

do u have any virus scanner, firewall, running or anything like that and have u ever tryed tweak xp pro.

Guest Guest

hey man i got to ask this how in the hell does ur system start in less than 14 secs did u disable absolutly everything in msconfig have u used tweak xp cause i got 13 secs boot up time when my laptop had nothing else but drivers :P please share man

do u have any virus scanner, firewall, running or anything like that and have u ever tryed tweak xp pro.

I have a Virus Scanner from eanthology. www.eanthology.com if you want to get it, free 30-day trial :)

Other than that, no.