LaptopVideo2Go Forums

vprMatrix 200A5 with 53.03 - standby no workee

michelangelo

hello all,

ok, i'ver tried most of the suggestions on the board. i had to clean reinstall XP on my vprMatrix 200A5 laptop which i had the 52.16 drivers running on flawlessly before. i decided since i was starting over from scratch i'd try and install the latest drivers. i tried the 56.56 drivers and my laptop simply boots into a black screen. not sure what the deal is.

i decided to back track a little and went with 53.03. wow, they work really well and i can even make my flat panel montor that i plug into the laptop the primary display... sweet!

i thought all was fine until i went to a meeting today and found out to my horor that the laptop doesn't return from standby. the screen is black (off) and it seems like some stuff happens as it comes out of sleep but nothing really works at all. i tried all the suggestions with the registry additions tothe infs and hitting FN F8, etc but i get the same thing.

so, anyone have any suggestions? the driver works so well i would hat to go backwards. maybe the latest driver will work?

the latptop uses a GeForce 420 Go 32M

thanks for the help all!

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=361

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=290

That's the only thing i can do for you right. Pls. read it all, a lot of information for you, if nothing works, then you have to go back to the last working driver. Or try using the hibernation modus instaed of standby.

OK, i have some interesting news. i don't know if anyone else ever had their laptop computer screen black after installing the driver and rebooting, but i did with any driver after 53.03 (i have a vpr matrix 200a5/winxp home sp1/geforce4 420go 32m). so i decided to play around this weekend and got the latest driver - 56.82 - and the 20.22 INF working on my laptop by copying and pasting INF settings from my old OEM inf (the one that came with the laptop) into the 20.22 INF. the only problem is i don't know much about what any of these settings mean and basically just stumbled my way through, but it works to an extent.

everything seems to run great (except for standby, will explain in a sec) but there is some initial weirdness. first, after i install the driver and reboot, i start up in 800x600 4bit mode! there is no geforce tab in display/advanced properties. i also cannot change the resolution at all (the slider is stuck on 800x600 and 4bit is the only color option). if i then extend my desktop to my second monitor and apply the settings, i can suddenly change the resolution on the montiros (both of them) and the color depth. the geforce tab also displays in the advanced properties after that and i can continue with my configuring.

on the standby issue, i have not fixed that yet, but have seen some totally wierd stuff here too. when i return from standby, i see my screen and the password box (i have it password protected when returning from standby) but then after a few seconds the screen goes black and the secondary monitor says it cannot display the resolution selected (its a 1280x1024 flat panel). i have not tried it yet without a secondary monitor attached. it seems as though XP is updatnig decvices or something and when it finds the video card, reinitializes it to some resolution that doesn't work on either monitor (pardon my ignorance, i really do not know what is happening behind the scenes). rebooting at this point gives me two black screens with no way of getting back in unless i go to safe mode (what used to happen after the initial install before i tweaked the INF file). in safe mode, i have gone through the registry and changed the values in the keys at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Hardware Profiles\0001\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\VIDEO

not sure if that makes sense, but i just went and changed the resolutions in all the nodes to 1280x854 (my laptop's native resolution) and the bits per pixel to 32 (it was 4 for some) and the refresh rate to 54 (not sure if this is right but for some it was set to 1).

after this, i could reboot and get back to my desktop.

does this help at all? based on this can you tweak the INF to work on the VPRMatrix and maybe track down the standby issue?

i have attached the hacked up INF file. maybe you can do a diff to see what i changed and get an idea of what is working. i will reply to this message with the OEM inf as well.

hope this helps, thanks again!

nv4_disp.inf

• 1 month later...

just an update. i recently did a clean install of XP on my vprMatrix laptop. i tried all the later drivers (above 53.03) with no luck, many would not work at all, so i reinstalled the OEM drivers and then installed 53.03 with the 11.68 inf and all seems to be working now, it even seems (so far) to be returning from standby.

not sure if this helps. My guess (of course i don't really know what i am talking about) is that the OEM drivers seem to install the right EDIDs in the registry, until i installed them, nothing seemed to work right. after i installed them installing 53.03 after that seemed to work, does this make sense to anyone?

thanks again for the site and the drivers guys. UT2004 works great :)

• 6 months later...

Sorry for reenabling this thread.

Michelangelo, in case you read that try set the MAPOSD3toNV value from 3 to 2 in the drivers greater than 6x.xx (all new ones) and of course use the latest mobile INF