LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Any fixes for the annoying Black Bar with Toshiba?

Guest Jediman

Guest Jediman

Hey all, I have the 1415-S173 Satellite from Toshiba, and I am wondering....whats the highest driver used for this particular model or series of laptops that can be used and the settings so that I dont get a black bar? I am using the 42.42 I believe right now and its pretty good sans the darn pc-cillin icon is black...weird...what is a driver version that I could use and if it gives me a black bar how might it be fixed? Please let me know! Thanks!

Try version 54.01 when it appears (or download it from Windows Update). We've had at least one report that it fixes the Toshiba black bar.

In my experience 44.68, 45.33 and 47.12 are fine. At present I'm using 45.33 with an older inf by teraphy, it's really robust. I remember Pieter writing that 45.33 is stable on a lot of cards. 47.12 also worked for me, but there is no dualview checkbox (maybe because of a missing setting in the inf? NvCplExposeWin2kDualView? Maybe Pieter has the answer).

ms

Ministeve is right. If 54.01 doesn't fix it, we're back at Square One as far as the 5x.xx driver series goes. Still looking for a solution.

Guest Jediman

Hmmm...are we sure its not something to do with possibly a setting in one of the newer files, i mean thats what it would be, but is there any way to actually VIEW whats int he files? Any way of getting the source? I mean its available for freebsd and such why not windows?

Hi,

I tried 54.01 as is, with SoftEDIDs set to 0 and 1 and still get the black bar on the right side (max res 1372x1050 instead of 1400x1050) - GeForce4 440GO on a Satellite 5105-501 - darn :)

Guest_jediman, you're right... it certainly could be one of our settings but, if so, nobody has found it despite many hours of detective work and suggestions from a whole host of Toshiba owners. Feel free to add your own suggestions or try out some different settings yourself and let us know. Thanks!

Guest Jediman

Jediman here again lol. I figure it must not be in a normal setting that were seeing, it has to be in an actual compiled file that we probably CANT get into. What would help is if someone like Toshiba came forward, seeing as they have access ot the actual windows source drivers, and enlightened us as to what actually changed to start these black bars. I mean thats the best explanation IMHO. Without knowing whats actually in the source, were pretty much bamboozled till someone figures something else out.