LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FX Go5600 + Far Cry

Guest Dinje

Guest Dinje

Anyone have any ideas how i can get this to run properly.

After several minutes into the game, it would freeze for a moment, then i would get a screen full of pixels, Then it would run with all the crappy pixels on the screen, making it unplayable. Then freeze again.

I have spent 2 days tweaking the card and settings. but still no luck. I have everything set to its lowest setting in card properties and in game settings.

I have tried all the graphic drivers including the sony ones.

I am curently using graphic Driver 5.6.8.2 with mod inf, which i got of here (which strangely seems to have gone)?

Main Laptop Specs:

Sony VAIO GRT796SP - P4-M 2.5 GHz - 16.1" TFT

nVidia GeForce Go5600-64MB supporting AGPx8.

RAM: 1 GB DDR SDRAM

Hard Drive: 80 GB

• 2 weeks later...

First Time I played die game I've had the same problems. A lot of crappy pixels. I've OC my grafikcard to 303/637 mhz. I turn off my Notebook immediately!!! and set my Card back to original rates. After new booting everything is fine. If you din't I think you have now troubles with your grafikcard. Maybe it was to hot. While playing FC I look sometimes at SPEEDFAN. There are temp OVER 70° !!

What's about other games? Are there same problems? Maybe you have shot your card.

My game also freezes sometimes. but after upgrading my RAM to 1Gb there is no Problem. So I think my Harddisk was to slow.