LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware drivers 53.03 - Farcry

Guest PMB

Hi, i just got the far cry demo and with my inspiron 8500 with 64mb geforce4 4200 go i cant play it, its just too slow. Ive read somewhere that i need forceware driver 53.03 in order to play it. I would like to know what r these drivers for and that its true that i really need them to play that game,

Thax

P.

Minimum:

Computer: 1 GHz CPU

Memory: 256 MB RAM

Operating System: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP

Video Card: Geforce 4 MX, Geforce 3 or higher

Drive Space: 582Mb hard drive space

DirectX 9.0b must be installed

Nvidia based cards must have : ForceWare drivers 53.03

Looks like Ubisot designated those drivers as the min requirements. Can't argue with the creator of the game since Ubisoft tested the game demo before releasing. The 53.03 may not be a speed increase but they probably provide the best non-artifact and issue related environment.

Hi Teraphy, in pieters website i see there is the force drivers 53.03 and the 56.64 its better if i get the 56.64? or should i get the 53.03?? and are those dfrivers modiffied for my inspiron 8500 64mb geforce4 4200 go video card?

Thanx

P.

The 53.03 has a few quirky bugs. The 56.64 would be recommended. Happy gaming :)