LaptopVideo2Go Forums

56.72 Benchmark (Beat This) lol

Guest zeroflux

Guest zeroflux

I used Edsdeathmachine tweaks on my 5150 3.06ghz 512MB ram go5200 64MB card and I used 56.72 Drivers

I turned off V-sync, AA Etc...

OverClocked to 230/470

I used a Notebook Cooler

2001se: 8022

2003: 1555

Can I hear a wOOT WOOT

Zeroflux,

Nice scores, but the performance table is only for non-overclocked GPUs.

This is to keep it fair for the masses, I don't encourage overclocking as I can see little gain and a lot to loose (whats that smell as your lap catches fire)

I will by all means add your non-overclocked score.

Pieter.

I look forward to them, I must do up a proper Tweak guide for the fastest Display settings.

Pieter.

Guest zeroflux

Ok sorry it took so long, been busy with work etc... I re-benchmarked Again and heres what I did. MY goal is to do everything in my power to get the highest possible score with the Geforce go5200 with out over clocking

I turned off V-sync, AA and everything else and turned image quality to Highest performance

I did a Defrag, cleaned the Reg, Adware and alot of other crap

I left the video Card at factory settings. IE no over clocking

I used the Bytecc aluminum Notebook Cooler. (Btw, the benchmarks are no lie, this cooler brings my notebook down 10C, its awesome)

I did Control + Alt + Del and shut Everything down that I possibly didnt need to free up resources

I blew out all Vents with Compressed Air

I made sure it was a cold day, opened all the windows in my living room, to get the room as cool as possible (Benchmarking on a Hot summer Day 30C + is no good :)

I even went as far as putting Ice packs under the sides where it over hangs on the notebook cooler. Sounds dumb, but the back sides are one of the hottest places.

So heres what I got: (My computer specs are below my name)

2001SE: 7756

2003: 1372

edit: Sorry I used 56.72 Drivers with the 20.55 INF

Not Sure what else I can do to get it higher. Has anyone heard of Heat Sinks for The Odd Shapped Dell Ram chip. I have seen lots of normal Heat sinks for ram chips, but dells ram is realllllyyyy Short and Fat

Guest citrixcl

HOLY COW I HAVE THE SAME SPECS AND THE SAME FAN BASE!!

OMG ICEPACKS!?!! DOES IT WORK!!! I am gonna go try it. I have the airconditioner pointing right at it (its cold for me though). Same Bytecc fan base that it hangs over. I was thinking of removing the front lip so it would sit closer to the aluminum... i think thats why it doesnt do its best job.