LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce2 Go

Guest TheSternMystic

Guest TheSternMystic

Hey.

For a long time, I've been using driver v.29.60.

The reason for this, is any driver later, seems to have issues.

The most annoying, is if I try to do ANYTHING in a resolution that isn't 1024x768, everything on the screen looks jumbled, and corrupted, while with 29.60, the images just appear fuzzy.

The other problem is, when I start Halo, it says the Game is Known to Have Serious Issues with my drivers, and look to manufacturer, etc...With 29.60, it says the game isn't tested with my drivers, and we go on our marry little way.

I have tried every driver under the sun. From Dell, from Here, and 20 other modified INF's, none of them changing anything.

Any idea what could be causing this stuff? Dell has ignored me, and Halo says they Should work...Thanks.

Inspiron 2650

1.6ghz Mobile Pentium 4-M

256MB RAM

30GB Hard Drive

8MB GeForce2 Go

Guest Guest

Slowly...LoL. Actually, just turning off Reflective Textures I get 14fps on most levels, and on blood gulch I get up to 20fps average. Biggest thing, the vid card sucks, so, I disabled one 'tick' of hardware acceleration, and I got an extra 5frames, but I'm still wondering why it refuses to start up, even though the Halo mainsite says it's a compatible card, and I have, literally, tried every driver under the sun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheSternMystic

So...no one has anything to say whatsoever about this? Forget about the Halo thing, I'm just wondering why I get corrupt images with drivers any later the 29.60.

Thanks

I don't know if this a good answer but perhaps it is the 8MB card. I'd gander they optimized the code in newer drivers which for faster cards can calculate all triangles well. I'd think an 8MB would have to pick and choose... just a thought.

• 1 month later...
Guest TheSternMystic

Who knows? It feels kinda like I got the short end of the stick...I still wonder, why?

Running HALO 1 on PC always feels like your getting the short end of the stick, no matter what rig you have. - Bill