LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lid closure fix suggestion..... Please look

Guest zero

Guest zero

Alright. I have the 61.12 driver and it seems the best so far except for some issues in far cry.

When i use the Fn+F8 keys to switch to the external monitor it always crashes a pogram that is runing if it is accessing hardware acceleration or video overlay. When I right click on teh desktop and go to nvidia laptop display it takes me to the nview display modes. When I select analog or laptop displays from the current display drop down menu and switch between the monitors this way is does not crash anything or cause any other problems.

What I want to know is this... What would you modify to tell the system to switch to single display lcd/analog from current by activating the lid switch and back to current when the lcd is opened? Does the inf control these settings or driver or add on to driver? Does anybody know what system call is made wen the swithc is depressed? If someone knew enough about how to monitor the switch activity then someone could write a simple andVERY small program that would monitor this activity and modify the nview settings accordingly.... If people can make front ends for internal temp modules and fan controlls this should be a piece of cake... Hopefully this is a simple thing that can be done through the inf??? It seems like it may have been fixed by now it it were this simple or if it is known what to modify?