LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NEW dell i5160 and XGI video card?!

Guest citrixcl

Guest citrixcl

Holy cow! So the 5150 video upgrade will never happen because they are coming out with a 5160! What is this crazyness. My bet is they have an XGI card in it.

"1. Added support for Inspiron 700m 2. Added Microsoft fix for KB Q818635. (Windows 2000 SP4 TCP/IP undocking bug) 3. Added support for Inspiron 5160."

from New System Software: http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.asp...eleaseID=R77764

and note there is a new 5150 BIOS that supports some new XGI card they are going to introduce and probably test on the 5150?

New A34 BIOS: http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.asp...eleaseID=R78295

hey everyone get the newest mobile intel chipset drivers which is 6.0.1 (unofficial) and check out www.laptopvideo2go.com if you need your video drivers.

Guest, just wait a moment, i will upload Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility v6.0.1.1002 for all :)

Guest citrixcl

After a full year of dell customers pleading for upgradable video cards especially those buying the Inspiron 5150, Dell now under the management of CEO Kevin Rollins has finally made a move. The i5150 video upgrade will never happen? Likely yes, because they are coming out with an i5160! The bet is on that they have an XGI card in it. Also there is a new 5150 BIOS that supports a new XGI card (reviewed on Tomshardware.com) they are going to introduce and probably test on the 5150? Will it have support for the new MXM upgradable video card slot? Most likely it will have the new 90nm chip from Intel and a related motherboard. The story is confirmed by a Dentist who says that the dell insiders confirmed there are TWO NEW LAPTOPS coming out. She was excited to hear information since they did not reveal the names. Another very clear indication that they will come out with a new laptop is that the PRICES ARE DROPPING! Wait just a little longer and they might drop some more but buy 5150's and 600ms cheap before their production is halted (dell doesn't keep stock) or you'll have to get them refurbished. The 5150 will still sell after the 5160 comes out since so many people returned the 5150. The 600m might be a nice buy for a cheap small laptop and like always the 5150 is the cheapest price for 3.0Ghz laptop with a DX9 graphics card (however bad it may seem). Well it will be exciting to see the newest dell goods and review them.

"1. Support XGI XP5 video card." from A34 BIOS Update

"1. Added support for Inspiron 700m 2. Added Microsoft fix for KB Q818635. (Windows 2000 SP4 TCP/IP undocking bug) 3. Added support for Inspiron 5160."

from System Software A15 http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.asp...eleaseID=R77764

Citrixcl, you're doing a good job of keeping us up to date on the latest Dell news. Keep up the good work. Thanks! :)

Tell her to tell Michael Dell to come out with newr video cards for the older C-Series computers :-P Hahahaha, I know that'll never fly :)

John