LaptopVideo2Go Forums

mobile/OEM inf 56.54 "screen res" message?

ofelas

Any kind soul want to walk me through how to get rid of that annoying "optimal screen resolution" blah blah blah message I get with the Mobile 56.54 OEM inf?

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to "adding lines to the inf file"....

It would be some sort of lines/fix added somewhere to the NVDM.inf I would imagine :)

Complete French to me...seen that last week.

Well with that you have to edit the registry.

I had the same problem when I tried that driver with Dells INF.(NVDM)

This is the place in the registry:

Change that value to 0 or delete that place in the registry to get rid of the message.

Edit: Right click on the registry entree or whatever you call it and click "modify" then change the value to 0. To open the registry editor go to start>run then type in "REGEDIT" and hit enter.

post-3-10866608130_thumb.jpg

post-3-10866608131_thumb.jpg

Updated the post Bill linked to -- it now includes a registry file (attached to the post) to remove the key.

That works too, nice job Bill :)

Thanks, folks... :)

I feel like a moron...it was a registry fix y'all were talking about...and here i was wondering where to insert the HKEY etc. line in the INF file...LOL...didn't mean to waste y'alls time, I must be on a major brain freeze...

Quickie - how's performance with the 56.54 Mobile NVDM compared to the 56.72?

I'll be trying the 56.54 on the NV36GL...

Regards!

...Quickie - how's performance with the 56.54 Mobile NVDM compared to the 56.72?

I'll be trying the 56.54 on the NV36GL...

Regards!

I dont know about your card but I think I got better permance in UT2004 on my laptop with 56.54.

Edit: There is a place in the inf that you can edit too. But deleting that line in the registry is easier than re-installing the driver.