LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ofelas

Hi,

Just tried 56.77 + NVDM.inf; no issues with standby/resume/suspend etc, and the GPU idles at a cool 50 degrees C :)

I do not have CoolBits installed/enabled; the screen goes completely black during startup for a second, not really a flicker, just a 1 second blackout.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Just tried 56.77 + NVDM.inf; no issues with standby/resume/suspend etc, and the GPU idles at a cool 50 degrees C  :)

I do not have CoolBits installed/enabled; the screen goes completely black during startup for a second, not really a flicker, just a 1 second blackout.

Any ideas?

I've had that "blackout" issue too with certain drivers and INFs.

Is there a setting in the INF or Registry you can change to git rid of it?

I think I will test this driver today and see what happens.

I'm going to use the NVDM inf. :)

Let me know how you like this driver Bill...so far it seems smooth & stable...

I keep trying the 56.xx series drivers for enhanced NV36 support as that's one of the stated fixes according to nVidia, but so far no real difference over Dell driver 53.82 for the Quadro FX Go1000....

*Installs driver*

Alright, this driver works good exept that it does flash when you boot up.

I ran 3Dmark2001 SE and got 5141 marks. (which is decent for my laptop)

It seems pretty stable and has nice features.

I will run UT2004 to test it more in a bit.

I would suggest 56.54 with NVDM.inf because it does not have that flashing issue as far as I remember.

But does anyone know a fix for it?

I get a "flash" upon startup of Windows with all of the latest drivers. I believe this is to test for external connectivity (2nd monitor, TV's). I'm sure you can ignore other devices through a setting but it only checks once upon startup -- does it really hurt?

I also get a "flash" when viewing the NV panel. This one is due to the coolbit setting (0x2) for the Overclocking tab.

Nope, the black screen at startup does not bother me at all...just curious as to what it was...

How's TV Output with 56.54/NVDM or 56.77/NVDM?

Any idea (release notes etc.) what issues the two above drivers fix/resolve?

Thanks...

Not a clue, but NV wouldn't post public fixes based on specific versions. You'd have to ask what is fixed in 56.60, 56.70, 56.80, etc.

Nope, the black screen at startup does not bother me at all...just curious as to what it was...

How's TV Output with 56.54/NVDM or 56.77/NVDM?

Any idea (release notes etc.) what issues the two above drivers fix/resolve?

Thanks...

Well seeing as how I'm still using this driver(56.77). I have not had any TV out issues. But I have had issues just now with video overlay. When I run Windows Media Player 10 it runs fullscreen on the second monitor just fine but when I run Quicktime or Realplaler it wants to run fullscreen on my primary monitor which is bad.

I think you should try 56.54 with NVDM.

I tried 56.54 + NVDM last week....no issues, but haven't tried TV-Out on any drivers yet....is 56.54 Quadro Certified or WHQL by any chance?

Also, do i really need nv_disp.inf if I'm selecting NVDM.inf to install?

Thx.

NVDM.INF is the OEM version of nv4_disp.inf, so you only need NVDM.INF to install the driver.

nv4_disp.inf is what is used by desktops and my modded INFs as it's a default nVidia name for the instal INF.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Once again, thanks for being patient with my inane questions, folks...