LaptopVideo2Go Forums

strange colors video

Guest imperia

Guest imperia

Hello to All,

I have the following problem:

When I try to play any video using VMR or Overlay mixer I got swapped colors and slow playback(eg. blue becomes red and the video skipps). When I disable "YV12 mode"(Crystal Player) or "Use overlay"(WMP9) problem got fixed but I want my Overlay back :) .

I thought that this is some codec problem but this happens with every codec. I tried to troubleshoot the problem with building custom graphs with graphedit(from micro$oft) using only the neccesary codecs. There are 3 variants of displaying video thru graphedit. Video Renderer(Overlay mixer?), Video Renderer(VMR) and Video Mixer Renderer 9. When i use VMR9 everything is OK. With both other the colors are swapped and playback choppy. Anyone have any idea? I am using 61.40 with DirectX 9.0c.

Thanks in advance.

Others may have a better suggestions, but one thing you might try: Make sure you don't have any desktop color settings applied when you launch anything that uses an overlay. I was getting results like yours until I reset my desktop color settings to "Hardware default."

If that turns out to be the ticket, you can customize your color settings to apply to the desktop only.

If none of this applies, then try adjusting the settings on the Overlay Controls page.

Good luck!

Guest imperia

I had the same problem as yours before. Full white screen when trying to play movies. I fixed this by pressing "Restore Defaults" on Overlay page(NVidia Drivers). They sliders there where showing some strange values. But when i had this problem the movie was playing fine except the colors.. Now the colors are strange and the movie playback is very slow.

Can you help me with the registry settings related to Overlay. I can delete them manualy to see what will happend.

Or maybe this is related to some microsoft setting about VMR and Overlay mixer.

I do not have problems at all when i use VMR9 but not 7.

Does this happen with other driver versions? If you're seeing this with the 61.xx drivers try dropping back to the 56.xx series (or try upgrading to 61.xx if you're currently using something older). I believe the 61 series handles overlays differently from past versions.

Rather than manually editing the registry settings, I'd uninstall the driver from the Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" then use a registry cleaner like Detonator RIP to remove any leftover settings. You can then do a clean install of whichever driver version works.

If no driver version works, then yes, you have to suspect VMR and Overlay mixer.