LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Standby issue with StarStorm 56.72XQ drivers

briangw

First off, thanks for this site and its serivices. I was one of the zd7000 owners who was baffled by the drivers that wouldn't update. After researching some threads here, I found my answer and have some nice new drivers now!!!

Anyway, on to my problem. I updated my GEForce 5700Go drivers to the 61.11 Standby fix package in order to fix the standby issue. That worked, but I noticed that the performance was grainy, esp. with DVDs. So, I uninstalled the 61.11 with Standby fix drivers and put on the 56.72 XQ drivers on, thinking the standby fix from the 61.11 set would carry over. It didn't. Now, where and how would I go about modifying my registry or whatever file I need to modify to change that MapOSD3ToNV setting. I did a search through my registry and found about 4-5 instances of MapOSD3ToNV and they are all set to "3."

Please let me know how I can resolve this. I really want to keep these 56.72 drivers.

Thanks!

set all the found values of MapOS.. in the registry to 2

Ok, that worked for sometime, until I upgraded my drivers to 61.71. Now, standby locks up, even though all MapOS entries in the registry are set to "2."

Anymore ideas?

Edited by dontknow