LaptopVideo2Go Forums

60.72/20.55

Guest WifiGamer

Guest WifiGamer

I have an alienware 766 laptop with the 1680x1050 wide screen.

I wanted to get some updated drivers and these seem to fitthe bill. However if I start my game in 1680x1050 I get an error that I cannot run that resolution in full screen mode.

I haven't had issues with the drivers from alienware running in that resolution other then they jerk more often that I would like which is why I wanted to give these a try.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Wifigamer

Wifigamer,

Does the game support that Resolution ?

It's Laptop resolution, not a normal resolution.

Try 1280x1024 a standard resolution if this works then the game has issues with 1680x1050.

Other wise we'll need some more info on what game your trying to run.

Pieter

Guest WifiGamer

I only get the options of a regular monitor when i use the 60.72/20.55 drivers available for the game and not the wide screen sizes. 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768

Yes, the game supports this resolution as I said I don't have a problem with the drivers from alienware.

The game I am trying to play is City of Heroes. It runs at the 1680x1050 resolution with the alienware drivers. This is also my native resolution.

Thank you,

Wifigamer

Here is the .INF that comes with the alienware drivers (//we already have this driver and the INF to look at, so i removed your CODE)

//the original Alienware v56.67 INF can be downloaded here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=580

dontknow

Edited by dontknow