LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newbie INF Question

Guest Machiavellian

Guest Machiavellian

Hello folks,

Simple question really. I have a DELL I82K running XP-SP1 with a GeForce4 440Go installed. I don't use the laptop for gaming but for office applications and running heavy DB apps under both Linux and Windows. Now and again, I will hook up the laptop to my TV to watchs films

Do I really need these modded infs from Pieter and others when I d/l and install Nvidia drivers or can I use the nv_disp.inf that comes with the downloaded package?

All replies kindly received.

Cheers,

Mach

The desktop INFs that are available on the various download sites don't include laptop information. So, yes, if you want a newer driver than is available from Dell, you'll need a mobile INF to make it work.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realise that the .inf that comes with the d/l from Nvidia or elsewhere didn't contain support for laptops. So the work gets left to DELL (forget it) or kindly souls such as Pieter. So if I take the 56.72 from Nvidia and use Pieters latest .inf I should be off to a flyer then.

Cheers,

Mach

That's right. Good luck!