LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Green Water 61.80

Guest JK1150

Guest JK1150

Hi, I have a GF4 440go, and the water in BF1942 is tinted green? is there a fix/reason for this? I haven't had a problem with other driver releases like this.

also, i'm running XP SP2 latest beta, could that be the problem?

As 61.80 is a leaked driver it may have contamanated the water supply, in certain games.

It's best not to swim in the waters until this has cleared.

Seriously now, I would assume that this is a 61.80 bug, does it happen with 61.71 (actually a newer driver by one update)

This is a driver related problem as my INFs havn't changed.

Best to stick with a driver that works, and hope when the official drivers have this fixed.

Pieter.

Could it have something to do with what Larry just found out? The "old D3D/OpenGL page" thingy, which has to be enabled to fix certain color issues in Games.

• 2 weeks later...

What dontknow was referring to was a case where Larry (LSudlow) noticed that when changing a registry key (I forget which one) to enable the old D3D/OpenGL pages in the Control Panel appropriate colors would appear in games.

Pieter made a thread on the "discovery" of this key. Maybe Pieter can re-enlighten us.

Guest JK1150

yea because it's been happening with all the drivers i've used from here, but i dont' wanna go back b/c dell drivers just give such poor performance it's not worth it

JK1150, i would love to tell you the line in the INF you have to try to set the OPEN GL/D3D page back to "normal/old" style, but i can't find the post from Pieter :)

dontknow you need to stop using aluminum pots & pans to cook in :)

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", NvCplEnableAppProfilePage,          %REG_DWORD%, 0

zero to enable the OpenGL page, (default in INFs)

One to enable profile settings, but loose the OpenGL settings.

Pieter.

Ofelas, it seems you think somebody should cure my Alzheimer :)

:)

Pieter:

Exactly. Thats what i searched.

-> JK150 set the value to 1 to bring back the old D3D/OGL page, start your game and report back if the colors are normal. Lets see what happens.....

Heheheh....dontknow at least you remember my name :)

Ofelas i maybe will contact you soon again concerning memory sticks for me. The day after tommorow i leave Germany and will be in the States for 5 weeks. Maybe you could send the sticks to the adress of my girlsfriends parents in Pittsburgh and i can pick it up there.

More details later.

Guest JK1150
HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", NvCplEnableAppProfilePage,          %REG_DWORD%, 0

zero to enable the OpenGL page, (default in INFs)

One to enable profile settings, but loose the OpenGL settings.

Pieter.

neither setting fixed it :)