LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Black Bar with v47.18 driver

Guest tangallo

Guest tangallo

[ UPDATE, problem solved. Solution here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5832 ]

I installed the new 47.18 driver and its working pretty good on my Toshiba 5105 S501 laptop except it won't display at my usual resolution of 1400 x 1050. Is there anything I can do to fix it? any help will be greatly appreciated.

tangallo

Are you using the original Compal/Toshiba INF (nvct.inf) or my modded one ? (nv4_disp.inf) ?

Pieter

Guest tangallo

wow pieter, that was a quick reply!

So i didn't delete the nvct.inf when i first installed and copied your inf into the folder when I first installed.

I deleted the inf, uninstalled the current driver, and reinstalled with only your inf file in the install folder. I still have the same problem with the resolution.

Everything is working great except for the resolution. again, any help would be awesome.

tangallo

What resolution are you getting? Is there a black bar? This shouldn't happen with the 47.xx drivers except for the fact it's build date is much later than the currently last known working driver of 52.16 for many Toshiba users.

Guest tangallo

i get the black bar with all the different resolutions. My max resolution with the new driver is 1366 x 768. It says in the nvidia geforce tab in my display properties that my max screen res is 1372 x 1050 (it says this in the nview properties window).

tangallo

Tangallo, You have what is known as the Black Bar problem, a very common Toshiba related item.

Have a look here for more info and others with problems.

We (Teraphy and Ministeve) are very close to a solution, but need you guys to give some info to confirm the fix.

This can be found here.

Any info you guys can provide will make it quicker to confirm the fix we are working on.

There is hope,

Pieter.