LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver for Gaming GeForce4 440 Go?

Guest Licid

Guest Licid

Hi kind of a noob to video card mods, was wondering which driver would be the best for my GeForce4 440 Go for MMORPG gaming.

I am currently only running the Dell ones on their website which are probably outdated, version 4.2.5.8

thx

Dell Inspiron 8200

Win XP Pro

P-4 @ 2 Ghz

512 MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go 64 MB

What games are do you want to play on that?

I would recommend some Forcewares but in games like UT2004 you need the fastest you can get and the 42.58 seem to be the fastest I have ever tried.

Yes, I do know that UT2004 is NOT an MMORPG but just had to point that out.

I might as well post my mod INF for the 56.54 drivers on Peiters page, its a modded Dell INF that has extra stuff enabled so just delete the other INFs and stick this one in.

I would like to point out that every single driver I have ever tried from Pieter's page with either the mod INF or the NVDM ones if available, they all work for me but some are slower than others or have TV out problems, ect. The point is they all work so just try them out till you find the best one for you.

One of the 60s also has color TV out for me.

Edit: Basicaly just tell me what games you want to run and I can give you a recomendation.

Since your the same guy that posted in this thread

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5842

just read what I said and post what games you play here.

I'm of to the beach.

NVDM.INF

• 1 month later...

The NVDM.INF is a Dell INF, if you download a driver from Pieter's mod INF page and it comes with a NVDM.INF you might want to try installing that sometime since you have a Dell laptop.

It has Dell specifice settings, but does not have all of the features enabled that Pieter's mod INFs do.

Also, this is my 200th post! :)

Bill