LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DOOM3

Guest razornitefire99

I bet I can get it to atleast run on this thing. lol

With some modded drivers I could, hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

Minimum requirements are a geforce3 or a radeon 8500. So I think you'll be fine with a geforce4 mx :)

When it comes to suppport for things like Pixel shaders, ect, the GeForce4 440 Go/any GeForce4 MX they are BELOW the GeForce3 in that regard, if DOOM 3 needs pixel shaders or Direct X 8 it will not run on my laptop.

Guest Guest

bill, there is a program called 3danalyzer(google it) which allows you to skip/null pixel and vertex shaders in games that require them - ok it might look bad, but it might run. :o

...plus 16bit and SoftwareRendering

:) :)

I know about 3D anylizer, but last time I tried that with a game the graphics were all screwed, lol. Thanks for trying to point it out to me lol, If you search for it on these forums I have posted it in like 4 or 5 different threads now lol.

I will probably have a new desktop PC to run DOOM 3 in a year or so, so I will get to play it if I want to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EdsDeathMachine

Well I have Doom 3 Running on my Toshiba M30 with my goforce fx 5200. I have it running at a solid 30fps on low detail with all of the effects on except for shadows, even without the shadows the lighting and graphics are killer. Wicked game, if you have the hardware to play it I reccomend picking it up.

I'm running a go5600 64MB, 2.2Ghz P 4-M, 512MB RAM fine at medium quality @ 800x600. Runs fine, framerates do drop a little from time to time, but nothing drastic. the only thing I have turned off in advanced options is specular, but it didn't really make that much of a difference.

Great game that is easily played on a laptop, get it.

And don't forget to wear your diapers.

Hi, I have a Toshiba P10-874 laptop.

I have the 53.03 drivers but I am very dissapointed with the performance of this game. My desktop is an Athlon XP 2800 with 1gig of RAM and a Geforce 4200 Ti and it runs the game smoothly at 800x600 on medium detail. My laptop on the other hand has got a P4 3Ghz cpu, GeforceFX5600 and 512MB of RAM and on the lowest possible resolution, with the lowest settings and drivers tweaked for perfomance, the game runs horribly slow (<20 fps). :)

I need some tweaking advice!!!